Get a delicious start to your day with this buttery croissant breakfast sandwich, loaded with tender eggs, crisp bacon, and melty cheese. This recipe can be customized in many different ways to fit your tastes as well!
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
For years the croissant breakfast sandwich has been my favorite breakfast. Well, if I am being honest, I typically make it for lunch or brunch. It is a simple sandwich to prepare, requiring you to only cook up two eggs, two strips of bacon, and top with a slice of cheddar cheese. For easier cleanup and more flavor, I often cook my eggs in the bacon grease too!
How to cook eggs for sandwiches
The best way to cook eggs for this sandwich, and most others, is to make an omelet, which is then folded in half twice (so it is in quarters). A folded omelet is not only the perfect size for most sandwiches, but it is also wonderfully light and tender.
Sometimes I will switch up the recipe by making scrambled eggs, or frying up over-easy eggs. I particularly love a bit of runny yolk dripping down my sandwich.
Ways to customize this recipe
Croissants are outrageously decadent, so I often switch them up with slices of sourdough, homemade biscuits, or English muffins. Bacon can be swapped out for a sausage patty, slices of ham, or even venison bacon if you are lucky enough to have it on hand. I recommend mild cheddar cheese because it is wonderfully melty, but you can substitute your favorite cheese.
How to make a croissant breakfast sandwich
To make your own croissant breakfast sandwich begin by frying up two strips of bacon in a skillet set over medium heat. Once the bacon is crisp remove it from the pan. The bacon grease can be used to cook the eggs, or use butter instead. Fry up an omelet in a non-stick skillet and fold in half twice so it is in quarters and top with cheese. Place eggs on a toasted croissant and top with bacon.
Tip: You can toast the croissant in a toaster, or in a skillet. There is plenty of butter in the croissant already so you don't have to add more, however, you can toast it in bacon grease for additional flavor.
More savory breakfast recipes
- Breakfast sliders - perfect for a crowd!
- Easy breakfast pizza
- Homemade Hash browns - one of my most popular recipes for a reason!
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 croissant (sliced in half)
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter (or bacon grease, or both)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 slice mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook bacon in a skillet set over medium heat until crisp.
- Lightly toast the interior of the croissant while bacon cooks.
- Beat eggs and add a pinch of salt.
- While bacon is cooking set a medium non-stick skillet over high heat and add butter. Once foaming add beaten eggs and swirl around the pan into a thin layer. Use a spatula to gently lift up the edges of the egg and tilt the pan to allow uncooked eggs to fill the void.
- Once the top of the eggs are almost cooked thru, use a spatula to fold the egg in half, and then in half again, so it is in quarters. Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- Place the folden egg on the bottom slice of the croissant and top with bacon. Add the top half of the croissant and serve.
Leave a Reply