Get a delicious start to your day with this buttery croissant breakfast sandwich, loaded with tender eggs, crispy bacon, and melty cheese.
This delicious breakfast can be customized in many different ways to fit your tastes as well!
What is it?
The croissant breakfast sandwich is a simple breakfast sandwich to prepare, consisting of delectably fluffy eggs, crisp strips of bacon, and a slice of cheddar cheese on toasted flaky croissants. For easier cleanup and more flavor, you can even cook the eggs in the bacon grease too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Croissants - I often substitute slices of sourdough, homemade biscuits, or English muffins to keep my breakfast sandwiches interesting.
- Bacon - I recommend using thick cut bacon strips. Bacon can be swapped out for breakfast sausage patties, slices of ham, or even venison bacon.
- Butter - Olive oil can be substituted, but bacon grease is the best substitution.
- Large eggs
- Mild cheddar cheese - You can substitute your favorite melty cheese, like American cheese slices.
- Salt - Black pepper can be added as well.
How to make it
To make this easy croissant breakfast sandwich recipe begin by frying up two strips of bacon in a skillet set over medium heat. Once the bacon is crisp remove it from the pan.
The best way to cook eggs for this sandwich is to make an omelet, which is then folded in half twice (so it is in quarters). A folded omelet is not only the perfect size for most sandwiches, but it is also wonderfully light and tender.
Melt butter in a nonstick skillet set over high heat and add beaten eggs. Swirl the pan to cook the eggs while lifting up the edges to allow the uncooked egg underneath to cook. Fold the omelet in half twice so it is in quarters, then top with cheese. Place egg patty on a toasted croissant bottom and top with bacon and cheese, then cover with the croissant top.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Any leftover bacon and eggs can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week and reheated in the microwave as needed. I recommend toasting up fresh croissants when enjoying the leftovers.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 croissant (sliced in half)
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter (or bacon grease, or both)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 slice mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook bacon in a skillet set over medium heat until crisp.
- Lightly toast the interior of the croissant while bacon cooks.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- While bacon is cooking set a medium non-stick skillet over high heat and add butter. Once foaming add beaten eggs and swirl around the pan into a thin layer. Use a spatula to gently lift up the edges of the egg and tilt the pan to allow uncooked eggs to fill the void.
- Once the top of the eggs are almost cooked thru, use a spatula to fold the egg in half, and then in half again, so it is in quarters. Remove from heat and top with a slice of cheese.
- Place the folden egg on the bottom slice of the croissant and top with bacon. Add the top half of the croissant and serve.
This was originally published on February 7, 2020.