Avocado scrambled eggs is a creamy breakfast concoction perfect for serving on a crisp slice of toast, or even in a breakfast burrito.
If you are obsessed with avocado as much as I am, you will want to try this dish. It combines my light and fluffy scrambled eggs with the creamy goodness of fresh avocados.
Avocado Scrambled Eggs
Avocado scrambled eggs are exactly what they sound like, classic scrambled eggs combined with small cubes of avocado. The avocado is added halfway through cooking the eggs to allow it to incorporate without overcooking. It is really easy to make and can be further customized as well.
How to make it
The key to any good scrambled egg recipe is adding milk to make them extra fluffy. This recipe is no different. I start with 4 fresh eggs, 3 tablespoons of milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to create the scramble. 1 medium or small avocado is ideal to mix in, otherwise, you can use 1/2 of a large avocado.
Wisk the eggs, milk, and salt together in a dish then add to a medium nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet and then pour in the egg mixture. Let the bottom set for a few seconds and then gently fold the eggs to ensure they cook evenly. Halfway through cooking add cubed avocados and fold them into the mixture. Continue to fold the eggs until they are set.
Ways to customize it
I think this dish is well suited to pair with fresh grated parmesan cheese. I enjoy it sprinkled on top of the final dish or mixed in with the eggs as they cook. For a southwest flair, add salsa verde to the egg and avocado mixture.
More Avocado Dishes
- Avocado Chicken Salad - The classic chicken salad with avocado instead of mayo.
- Avocado Pasta - Fresh ingredients and an avocado dressing really make this dish shine.
- Open-Faced Avocado Sandwich - One of my all-time favorite lunches!
- Avocado Egg Salad - If you like this recipe, you will want to try my avocado egg salad as well!
Avocado Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium avocado (chopped into 1/2" cubes"
- Add eggs, milk, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and continually scrape the bottom of the skillet, folding the eggs with a spatula as they cook to ensure they cook evenly.
- Halfway through cooking add the cubed avocado and fold into the eggs.
- Remove avocado scrambled eggs when they are just about set. They will continue to firm up slightly on the plate.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.