Avocado scrambled eggs is a creamy breakfast concoction perfect for serving on a crisp slice of toast, or even in a breakfast burrito.
If you are obsessed with avocado as much as I am, you will want to try this delicious healthy breakfast. It combines my light and fluffy scrambled eggs with the creamy goodness of fresh avocados.
What is it?
Avocado scrambled eggs are exactly what they sound like, classic scrambled eggs combined with small pieces of creamy avocado. The avocado is added halfway through cooking the eggs to allow it to incorporate without overcooking. It is really easy to make and can be further customized as well.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Butter - Olive oil can be substituted.
- Large eggs
- Milk - Heavy cream can be substituted. The key to the best avocado scrambled eggs recipe is adding milk to make them extra fluffy. However, you can also make scrambled eggs without milk in a pinch.
- Table salt
- Ripe avocado - 1 medium or small avocado is ideal to mix in, otherwise, you can use ½ of a large avocado.
Customize this recipe: I find this dish is well suited to pair with freshly grated parmesan cheese. I enjoy it sprinkled on top of the cooked eggs or mixed in as the eggs cook. Add salsa verde or lime juice to the egg and avocado mixture for a southwest flair, or freshen up the flavor of these fluffy eggs with fresh herbs.
How to make it
Begin making your avocado scrambled eggs by adding 4 fresh eggs, 3 tablespoons of milk, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk the egg mixture together.
Set a medium non-stick skillet set over medium-low heat on the stovetop. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet and then pour in the beaten eggs.
Let the bottom set for a few seconds and then gently fold the eggs with a silicone spatula to ensure they cook evenly. Halfway through cooking, add cubed avocados and fold them into the mixture. Continue to fold the eggs until they are set. Serve immediately on toasted bread, or with your favorite breakfast sides.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Avocado Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium avocado chopped into ½" cubes"
- Add eggs, milk, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and continually scrape the bottom of the skillet, folding the eggs with a spatula as they cook to ensure they cook evenly.
- Halfway through cooking add the cubed avocado and fold into the eggs.
- Remove avocado scrambled eggs when they are just about set. They will continue to firm up slightly on the plate.
This recipe was originally published on June 5, 2020.