Filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, melted cheese, and a delectably sweet glaze, Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders are worth waking up for!
These breakfast sandwiches are quick and easy to assemble, then baked to perfection in the oven. Best of all, the recipe uses simple ingredients that are easy to customize to fit your tastes.
These Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders contain a full breakfast in a bun! Bacon, eggs, and cheese are already a classic breakfast combo, throwing them on sweet Hawaiian rolls painted with a maple brown sugar glaze, similar to French toast, just makes it that much more appetizing. If this sounds good, you should try my English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- King's Hawaiian Rolls - You can use savory dinner rolls, or substitute homemade buttermilk biscuits, but using sweet rolls really makes the best breakfast sliders.
- Thick-cut bacon - You can also substitute ham slices, Canadian bacon, or make your breakfast sliders with sausage (specifically country-style breakfast sausage patties).
- Large eggs
- Milk - You can also make scrambled eggs without milk by substituting water or heavy cream.
- Black pepper
- Mild cheddar cheese slices - Sharp cheddar cheese is a great substitute, but it isn't as melty. You can also substitute any of your favorite cheeses.
- Maple syrup - Honey can be substituted.
- Brown sugar - You can use honey as a substitute for this as well.
How to make it
To being making these easy breakfast sliders with Hawaiian rolls, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating you can prepare your scrambled eggs by beating together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper with a whisk. Then cook them in a skillet over medium-low heat, gently turning with a rubber spatula as they cook. The cooked eggs can then be removed from the skillet and set aside.
Next, cook your bacon until crispy in a large skillet set over medium heat. As the bacon cooks you can also prepare your glaze by combining melted butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
You can begin assembling your breakfast sliders by slicing the sweet rolls in half with a sharp serrated knife, then set the bottom buns in a baking dish. Add your fluffy eggs, bacon, and cheese on top, then cover everything with the upper half of the slider buns. Finally, paint the butter mixture over the top of the rolls.
Cover the bacon egg and cheese sliders with aluminum foil and set the baking dish in the oven for ten minutes, then remove the foil and cook 5 minutes longer, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve immediately with fresh fruit and any breakfast favorites.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
This meal can be prepared the night in advance and stored in the refrigerator overnight until you are ready to bake them the next morning. Just cover the prepared Hawaiian sliders in foil and stick them in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees the following morning for approximately 25 minutes or until heated through (they'll take longer to bake since they are starting out cold).
Leftover breakfast sliders should be stored in an airtight container, or covered in plastic wrap. Once cooked, they are best reheated as individual sliders in the microwave until warm.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
- Baking dish
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (one package)
- 4 slices thick cut bacon (or more to taste)
- 9 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3.4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper then cook in a skillet over medium-low heat. Turn the eggs with a spatula as they cook to ensure everything cooks evenly, then remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Next, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. (can use breakfast sausage instead if you wish)
- Whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup and brown sugar to make the glaze.
- Slice the sweet rolls in half, and place the bottom half in a small baking dish. Add scrambled eggs evenly over the bottom bun then top with cheese and bacon.
- Place the top buns over the fillings and paint the top of the buns with the glaze.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on FoxValleyFoodie.com on May 1, 2019.
Wish I was eating one right now as I’m drinking my ☕️!! Will have to make these. They sound easy and delicious!
I am going to try making them today- can they be frozen and reheated easily? I think these would be great for my husband's weekly breakfast! Thanks!
Fox Valley Foodie
Yes, that should work just fine!
I just stumbled upon your sight. As a fellow foodie, I absolutely LOVR it! I can’t believe I didn’t know about this until now. Thank you!!
Cheese Curd In Paradise
These look delicious! I stumbled on your lovely site and wanted to say hello to another NE-WI blogger. I am in Green Bay with Cheese Curd In Paradise.