Filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, melted cheese, and a delectably sweet glaze, these breakfast sliders are worth waking up for!
Treat your family to a special breakfast, without excessive fuss. These sliders are quick and easy to assemble and briefly baked to perfection in the oven. Plus, the recipe is easy to customize to fit your tastes.
These breakfast sliders contain an entire breakfast in a bun! Bacon, eggs, and cheese are already a classic breakfast combo, throwing them on a roll painted with a maple brown sugar glaze just makes it that much more appetizing.
This meal can even be prepared the night in advance and stored in the refrigerator overnight until you are ready to bake them. Just cover the prepared sliders in foil and stick them in the oven the following morning.
Best Bun for Breakfast Sliders
This slider recipe utilizes Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls (affiliate link) for a deliciously sweet and savory combo. When paired with the buttery maple syrup/brown sugar glaze, the sweet bread becomes reminiscent of french toast.
However, sweet rolls are not your only option. For a more savory breakfast make these sliders with homemade buttermilk biscuits instead. You will want to cook the biscuits prior to assembling the sliders. The sweet glaze can still be painted on the biscuits, or you can brush them with butter instead.
Breakfast Sliders Filling
I use my light and fluffy scrambled eggs recipe as the primary filling for these breakfast sliders, then top them with bacon and cheese. However, this can easily be customized.
If you prefer, swap out the bacon for cooked breakfast sausage or deli ham instead. The recipe will still turn out fantastic. You can even substitute out the Cheddar cheese for your favorite variety.
How Long To Bake Breakfast Sliders
These breakfast sliders are baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes covered in foil to ensure everything gets properly heated, then they are baked an additional 5 minutes, uncovered. Uncovering the breakfast sliders for the final 5 minutes allows the glaze to dry into the buns, so it isn't a sticky syrupy mess when you pick them up.
Sweet Hawaiian rolls are famous for transforming into great baked sliders. For more sweet slider creations, check out my baked ham sandwiches. Otherwise, you can use a more traditional dinner roll for my Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches, or potato rolls for my cheeseburger-inspired homemade sliders.
- 12 count package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 4 slices thick cut bacon (or more to taste)
- 9 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3.4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and cook in a skillet over medium-low heat. Turn the eggs with a spatula as they cook to ensure everything cooks evenly, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In a separate skillet cook the bacon until crispy. (can use sausage instead if you wish)
- Whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup and brown sugar to make the glaze.
- Slice the sweet rolls in half, and place the bottom half in a small baking dish. Add scrambled eggs evenly over the bottom bun then top with cheese and bacon.
- Place the top buns over the fillings and paint the top of the buns with the glaze.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.