If you are looking for a new way to enjoy BBQ, try this BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato with Pecans! The sweet creamy taste of sweet potato is a nice compliment to the tender pork, crunchy pecans, and BBQ sauce!
When I make pulled pork I typically whip up a big batch of it all at once since it is just as much effort to make one pound of pulled pork as it is to make four pounds. I also do this because pulled pork is so versatile and easily reheated, I can re-purpose it into many meals throughout the week!
This week alone I've enjoyed delectably sloppy pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ spaghetti with pulled pork, and these tantalizing BBQ pulled pork stuffed sweet potato with pecans! It is such a easy and flavorful way to enjoy pulled pork because the only extra thing you need to cook are the sweet potatoes! Plus, sweet potatoes are another one of those foods I can never have too many recipes for!
Last week I was sent these Salt and Pepper Grinders (shown in the photo) by the good people at Kitchen Classique to review and figured this recipe would be a great test run for them since I salt and pepper the open faces of the sweet potato. I immediately liked two things about the grinders. The first thing I like was that it included a salt grinder, not a salt shaker. A lot of sets I see include a pepper grinder and a matching salt shaker. I really like having a grinder for sea salt. (The above link is an affiliate link, which helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.)
The second, and most important feature that impressed me was the fineness of the grind. I currently have two pepper grinders in my home and both of them frustrate me on occasion with excessively coarse grinds of peppercorn. This can result in the occasional unsavory crunch, and overly peppery bite. I didn't have this issue at all with the Kitchen Classique grinder as it had a rather consistent fine grind. Furthermore, I like the stylish design and large reservoir as well, which can hold 3/4 cup of salt and pepper.
After using these a few times I threw one of my other sets out and am happy to replace it with these!
BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato with Pecans
- 1 lb cooked Pulled Pork Easy Pulled Pork Recipe Here
- 3 small/medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed pecans
- BBQ Sauce
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork a couple times on the top and bottom.
- Place sweet potato on baking sheet and bake for ~1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the potato.
- Cutting lengthwise, cut down the center of the potato to split it open, but do not cut all the way through to the bottom.
- Sprinkle each open face of the potato generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of crushed pecans inside potato then add ~1/3 cup pulled pork, and finally top with another tbsp of pecans.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce, to taste, over the stuffed sweet potato.
- Serve immediately
If you enjoyed reading my BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato with Pecans recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.