This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
This easy BBQ chicken pizza is topped with tender seasoned chicken, smoked cheese, and a bold slathering of BBQ sauce on crisp and chewy naan bread crust.
I love homemade pizza, however, I only make it once every other year or so. Homemade pizza requires a skill I just don’t have: planning meals in advance. I like to make whatever I am hungry for at the moment, how am I to know I should start a batch of fresh pizza dough the day prior? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Heck, I have even tried making my own pizza sauce from scratch, and it has turned out OK, but that is another time sink I just don’t have the energy to tackle whenever I want to enjoy a homemade pizza. I want an easy pizza crust and a ready-made sauce for an easy homemade pizza!
Easy Pizza Crust
Finally, I discovered the greatest easy pizza hack: pre-made naan bread crust! Naan bread is soft and chewy and bakes up perfectly into a delectable crisp yet tender pizza crust. It is the perfect blank canvass to create an easy homemade pizza exactly to your tastes! I was craving a BBQ chicken pizza the other day so I grabbed some naan bread and KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce and crafted a pizza that sent my taste buds wild!
BBQ Pizza Sauce
A great BBQ pizza starts with a great BBQ sauce. Grab a bottle of KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce. Its rich yet balanced flavor adds a level of depth to the BBQ pizza that is unmistakable. Plus, picking up a great store-bought BBQ sauce makes this easy pizza even more hassle-free, simply slather it on your crust and add your favorite toppings!
What Cheese for BBQ Chicken Pizza
Mozzarella is always a great choice for any pizza because it melts so well, but blending that with a mixture of smoked cheese, such as smoked Provolone, Cheddar, or Gouda, will really send your BBQ chicken pizza to the next level. The smoked cheese will complement the flavor of your KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce exceptionally well.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
I highly recommend using raw chicken tenders for the toppings on your pizza. Chicken tenders are even more tender than chicken breast, giving them the perfect texture for a BBQ chicken pizza topping. Please note, chicken tenders are found by the raw meat in the grocery store, these are not the breaded chicken tenders found in the frozen food aisle.
You can add additional flavor to your BBQ chicken pizza by seasoning your chicken. Smoked paprika blended with onion and garlic powder will further enhance the BBQ flavors featured in this recipe and will pair nicely with the smoked cheese and KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce.
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 4, 7" round Naan Bread
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 pound Chicken Tenders (Chicken Breast can be substituted)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Smoked Provolone Cheese (can substitute other smoked cheese)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place raw chicken tenders in a bowl and sprinkle with the seasonings. Mix to evenly coat.
- Cook tenders in a skillet on medium heat until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from skillet and chop into 1" pieces.
- Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce on each disc of Naan bread, or as needed for the size of your bread. Top BBQ sauce with mozzarella and smoked Provolone cheese, then add chopped onion and chicken.
- Place pizzas on baking sheets and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Slice and enjoy.
If you enjoyed reading my Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today!