This decadent Ranch Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole is loaded with tender chunks of chicken smothered in ranch infused cream cheese, crisp bacon, bold jalapenos and a blanket of melted cheese.
Is your family's Christmas tree decorated yet? I think I've decorated ours 3 or 4 times now. Not because I'm honing my holiday spirit or simply trying to impress Santa, but rather because my toddler-in-waiting daughter keeps taking the ornaments off the tree. Though, I think I solved the problem now. We just have a tree without ornaments within three feet of the floor. (You think I'm joking?)
Nevermind, she just knocked over the tree.
Is it New Years yet?
The older my daughter gets the more attention she seems to demand from me, which I'm happy to give her of course. However, it makes cooking and photographing recipes for this blog exceedingly more difficult.
That is one of the reasons why I love this Ranch Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole recipe. It was easy to whip up while she was napping and I just threw it in the refrigerator until I was ready to bake it for dinner!
Not to mention, this Ranch Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole tastes freaking insane!
If you are a jalapeno popper junky, like myself, you need this decadent recipe in your life. This casserole boasts all of the classic jalapeno popper flavor you love, with the addition of tender chicken and ranch seasoning for added zip! Topped with a layer of melted cheddar and mozzarella cheese and you have yourself the perfect winter comfort food meal!
I highly recommend purchasing a quality Oven Meat Thermometer to monitor your chicken while it cooks. Cooking time can vary considerably when baking chicken breasts, depending on how thick they are. Using an digital thermometer allows you to monitor the chicken breasts without opening the oven, ensuring the chicken is removed at peak juiciness!
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you!
Ranch Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 slices bacon
- 5 jalapenos, divided
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 oz Ranch seasoning packet
- 6 oz Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 3 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in 9x13” baking pan and bake until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. ~40 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Set chicken aside till cool enough to handle and then shred into large chunks, ~1” thick. Spread chicken evenly across the bottom of the baking pan.
- While chicken is baking cut bacon into 1” chunks and sauté on medium high heat until almost crispy.
- Drain bacon fat from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon of fat in pan and add 4 chopped jalapeno and continue cooking until jalapeno is softened and bacon is crisp.
- With the pan on low add cream cheese, mayo and ranch seasoning and cook until mixture combines into a sauce, stirring as needed.
- Pour sauce over shredded chicken in 9x13” pan (both sauce and chicken should still be warm)
- Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Cut the final jalapeno into slices and place evenly on top of the cheese.
- Place baking pan in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Finish under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and browned slightly. Rotate as needed to prevent burning.
If you enjoyed my Ranch Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.