This creamy jalapeno popper dip is a perfect party appetizer loaded with your favorite popper flavors along with smoky bits of bacon mingling throughout.
This may be my new favorite dip. Heck, yesterday I ate it for brunch, lunch, and dinner! Luckily, since it has a vegetable listed as the main ingredient, it practically counts as a salad, doesn’t it? At least, that is what I am telling myself.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno popper dip is inspired by the famous appetizer of the same name. To replicate the classic popper flavor, the primary ingredients are jalapenos, cream cheese, and breadcrumbs.
To form the right “dip” consistency I also add mayo and sour cream to the base, using the same ratio as my spinach artichoke dip. Cream cheese alone would make the dip too thick to actually ‘dip’.
I make my jalapeno popper dip with bacon and shredded cheddar cheese to amp up the flavor. The smoky bits of bacon really stand out. However, the ‘secret ingredient’ in this dip is ranch seasoning (affiliate link). You can packets of dry ranch seasoning by the dressings in your grocery store.
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Dip
To make this dip, cook the bacon until crispy, then reserve some bacon fat to saute the chopped jalapeno peppers. In a separate pan, you will be toasting the panko breadcrumbs with melted butter.
Warning! – Sauteeing jalapenos releases capsaicin into the air, which may cause coughing fits if your kitchen is not well ventilated. If this is a concern, used canned jalapenos instead. However, sauteing fresh jalapenos in bacon fat will have the best flavor.
Prepare the dip by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small oven-safe dish, then top with toasted breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Customize this Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
You can customize my jalapeno popper dip to fit your own tastes. If you like it spicier, add more jalapenos, or even use a different pepper altogether. The bacon and Cheddar cheese can be eliminated if desired, or a different cheese can be substituted instead. Finally, if you don’t have ranch seasoning on hand, the recipe will still taste great without it.
Party Dip Ideas
This recipe is a perfect party dip. If you are looking for more game day dip inspiration check out one of these great dips as well!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 large jalapeno peppers (diced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning (see note)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- Chips or Crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from grease, let cool enough to handle and crumble.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and saute diced jalapenos until they begin to soften.
- In a separate skillet prepare the topping by melting butter in the pan then stirring in the breadcrumbs and ranch seasoning. Cook until breadcrumbs begin to darken in color. Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare the dip by mixing together cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream in a bowl. Once blended add Cheddar, ranch seasoning, crumbled bacon, and jalapenos.
- Place dip in a 9" oven-safe skillet, or other small baking dish. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, and serve.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.