My bacon and beer jalapeno poppers add a delicious twist to the classic appetizer.
There is just something absolutely tantalizing about getting the snap of jalapeno pepper and the creaminess of the filling all in one delectable bite. Adding in two of my other favorite flavors, bacon and beer, only makes me more excited to eat these!
- Cream Cheese
- Beer - An inexpensive light American lager works just fine.
How to Make Baked Poppers
Start out by preparing the jalapenos. Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then combine the cream cheese, beer, and bacon crumbles in a small dish.
Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture and top with breadcrumbs. Set these on a baking sheet and place in a 400-degree oven for 25 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don't want it to be overly spicy, make sure to take your time scraping out the inside of the pepper, and I highly recommend wearing latex gloves while doing it. This will prevent the capsaicin from burning your hands.
- You can change up the flavor by experimenting with different styles of beer.
- The bacon can be substituted for other flavorful meats like chorizo, or your favorite sausage.
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
Bacon and Beer Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 Jalapenos
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup Beer
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- Kosher Salt
- Cut jalapenos in half, lengthwise, to form small boats.
- Do your best to remove the seeds and veins from the inside the pepper to tame the heat.
- Combine cream cheese, beer, and bacon crumbles.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the top of each popper and dust lightly with salt.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe was originally published on October 28, 2015 on FoxValleyFoodie.com.