Make movie night special with homemade dill pickle popcorn! The ingredients for this easy snack can be assembled as quickly as the popcorn takes to pop!
Dill pickle popcorn is such an easy tasty treat to make, and it is a must-try snack for any dill pickle lover! Whether you are looking for a new savory treat, or just love that fresh dill pickle taste, this homemade popcorn recipe is a fun snack for everyone!
What is it?
My homemade dill pickle popcorn recipe can be used with any pre-popped plain popcorn or bagged microwave popcorn. The popcorn is generously coated in a mixture of dill pickle flavorings including dill weed, vinegar, and seasonings. Using popcorn coconut oil makes this a great alternative to traditional buttery popcorn. This savory popcorn is loaded with perfect pickle flavor and no artificial flavors.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Plain white popcorn - Plain popcorn without butter or salt is the best popcorn to use. You can purchase pre-popped popcorn, or buy plain popcorn in a microwave bag at your local grocery store.
- Popcorn coconut oil - You can substitute popcorn butter if you wish to add a buttery dill flavor.
- White vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can be substituted.
- Dried dill weed - Fresh dill can also be used for a fresh natural flavor.
- Ground coriander
- Ground mustard
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Popcorn salt - Table salt can be substituted, but popcorn salt is best because it has a finer grain.
How to make it
Make this dill pickle popcorn recipe by first preparing your popcorn. Measure out approximately 5 cups of popped plain popcorn and place it in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl add melted coconut oil and combine with the vinegar, dill, and seasonings. Pour this mixture over the popcorn and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
More Dill Pickle Recipes
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Dill Pickle Popcorn
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl, add vinegar along with all of the popcorn seasonings, and stir to combine.
- Pour seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to combine. Taste for salt and add more if desired, then serve immediately.