This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions, as always, are mine alone. #DipYourWay #CollectiveBias
I have been looking forward to this post for quite a while now. I love the creative challenge of developing a recipe to compliment a product I already use in my home. Being challenged to create a meal using Kraft French Onion Dip is like the blogger’s version of Iron Chef; except I won’t have to serve anyone a French Onion Dip flavored ice cream to beat out Bobby Flay in the dessert round.
Chicken is pretty much nature’s blank canvass, inviting you to unleash your culinary creativity in a quest to create an unlimited number of flavor profiles. If you get bored with chicken, it’s probably because you are in a recipe rut, not because you ran out of ways to make it. If you are in a rut, this Panko Crusted Chicken Breast Stuffed with Bacon and Swiss is the perfect solution. Kraft French Onion dip adds a savory twist to the classic panko breaded chicken breast!
When you are at Walmart picking up the ingredients for this meal, you’ll want to pick up the Green Onion dip, as well, to share as a snack. You can easily find the Kraft dips sporting their newly redesigned packaging in the refrigerated dip section of the dairy department. Be on the lookout for a Kraft Bacon and Cheddar Dip as well!
These Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts have a delicious French onion infused crunch on the outside, with the melty goodness of Swiss cheese and crisp bacon lying in wait to reward whomever should bite into it!
Tip: Make a deep cut in the side of the breast a couple inches long and use your fingers to gently open a cavity inside the breast for the filling. Use toothpicks to hold the opening shut and prevent cheese from oozing out while baking. Placing bacon in last will help prevent cheese from seeping out as it melts. See photo below.
Panko Crusted Chicken Breast Stuffed with Swiss and Bacon
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 strips Bacon cooked
- 1/2 cup Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup French Onion Dip
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast a couple inches long.
- Use your fingers to work open a deep opening inside the chicken breast without tearing a hole through the flesh.
- Add half strip of bacon inside the cavity, then cheese, and finally the other half strip of bacon should block the opening.
- Place dip and Panko in separate bowls, combining salt in the Panko dish.
- Coat each chicken breast in a light, even, coating of dip and then coat in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Place each coated breast on a wire baking rack and bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Also, stuffing amounts will vary depending on size of the chicken cavity. Don't worry if you have extra.
Tip: The French Onion dip also doubles as a delicious condiment to serve with the chicken breasts!