Loaded baked potato dip is a phenomenal party appetizer brimming with smoky bacon, shredded cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
If you need a delicious dip for game day, or your next party, this simple dip will be a huge hit with potato lovers and bacon fanatics alike.
What is it?
This chunky dip with brimming with your favorite baked potato toppings like smoky bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and sour cream. It is a decadent twice baked potato, dressed up as a delicious party dip!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions - Fresh chives are a great substitute.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese - Mild cheddar cheese can be substituted, but sharp cheddar has the strongest flavor.
- Bacon - I recommend buying regular-cut bacon at the grocery store. Thick cut bacon can get gummy. Bacon bits can be substituted.
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Wavy potato chips - Steak fries or even french fries can be used for dipping.
- Optional - Customize the flavor with your favorite additions, such as garlic powder, hot sauce, or crushed red pepper flakes.
This is a hearty and chunky dip, if you want it to be a little lighter in texture you can add additional sour cream. Feel free to jazz it up with a ½ ounce of dry ranch seasoning as well if desired.
How to make it
This loaded baked potato dip recipe is exceedingly simple to prepare. First, the bacon needs to be cooked in a skillet until crispy, then crumbled for use.
In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream first. This makes it easier to ensure all of the lumps are gone.
Then add in the cheese, crumbled bacon, green onions, and black pepper. Stir well to combine, then place in a serving bowl and enjoy.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Potato chips or potato wedges for dipping
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
This was originally published on January 30, 2020.