Loaded with layers of sour cream, seasoned beef, cheese, and fresh produce, this easy Taco Dip with Meat is a party classic.
Taco Dip is the ultimate party appetizer. I am pretty certain white people can’t throw a party without taco dip. Heck, we can’t dance, so we need something to awkwardly hold in our hands to avoid being mistaken for mannequins. This easy Taco Dip with Meat will keep your party going long after your guests have worn out their welcome.
What is Taco Dip
A classic taco dip contains a creamy seasoned base consisting of sour cream and cream cheese mixed with taco seasoning. This is topped with layers of lettuce, cheese, and chopped produce like tomatoes, green onion, and black olives. Other ingredients can also be added or substituted based on flavor preferences, such as ground beef in this Taco Dip with Meat recipe. Tortilla chips are always used for dipping.
Easy Taco Dip with Meat
Adding seasoned ground beef to your taco dip is an easy way to add more flavor and make the dip heartier. You can use leftover ground beef from taco night (which you could also use to make a great taco pasta salad), or quickly brown a pound of ground beef (try saying that 5x fast). Cooking the beef doesn’t make the taco dip creation take any longer really because you can do it while you prep the remaining ingredients.
Free free to swap out your favorite toppings to make it your own. Other ideas include pico de gallo, green pepper, or chopped onions.
Can Taco Dip Be Made Ahead?
This easy Taco Dip with Meat is perfect to make ahead. The flavors of the sour cream mixture meld beautifully when left sitting in the refrigerator overnight. It is also ok for the ground beef to be cold when this appetizer is served. I recommend serving taco dip with meat in a large dish.
Easy Taco Dip with Meat
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/3 water
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 2, 1 oz packages Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 2.25 oz can sliced Black Olives (drained)
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Add ground beef to a medium skillet set over medium heat and cook until browned. Break the beef apart into crumbles as it cooks.
- Add water and taco seasoning to the skillet and stir to evenly coat the beef. Bring water to a boil and continue cooking until water has evaporated.
- While beef is cooking combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl with remaining packet of taco seasoning. Mix until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Spread sour cream mixture evenly across the bottom of a large pan. Pour ground beef evenly over the sour cream and top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, olives and green onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
If you enjoyed my Easy Taco Dip with Meat recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today!