These decadent Triple Chocolate Snickers Cookies are bursting with rich chocolaty flavor in each perfectly soft and chewy bite, while chunks of melted Snickers swim throughout!
Do you remember that time in your life when you served as grandma’s chief baking assistant? You were fairly convinced she couldn’t whip up a batch of cookies without you, even though in reality all you did was lick raw cookie dough off the beater, and occasionally sneak a raw cookie off the baking sheet.
Grandma’s cookies were famously delicious, mostly because they were made with love. However, my triple chocolate Snickers cookies are made with gooey melted Snickers. Snickers trumps love. Sorry grandma.
My snicker cookies are loaded with three types of chocolate: Snickers, melted chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. These cookies are exceptionally soft, while the chopped bits of Snickers turn wonderfully gooey after baking. These may just be the perfect cookie!
How to make Snickers Cookies
Begin by beating the sugar and butter together until creamy, then incorporate egg and vanilla. Once everything is combined add the flour, cocoa, and baking soda while continuing to beat. The melted chocolate chips can be added next, and then finally add the Snickers, only mixing just enough to combine the Snickers.
Tip: Don’t overmix the Snickers or they will break down into small pieces. You want large chunks of the candy bar in your cookies.
The cookie dough should be placed in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes, then scoop into 2 tablespoon balls. You can bake them on parchment paper, but I use these non-stick baking mats. They are perfect for baking cookies because they are not only non-stick, but they make clean up a breeze since the mats are dishwasher safe.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes. They should still be soft, while the edges are just starting to crisp.
How to store cookies
Store these cookies in an air-tight container with a piece of bread. The bread is the secret to keeping the cookies perfectly soft. After a few days, the bread will begin to get rock hard, at which point you can replace it with fresh slice of bread.
More Dessert Ideas
- Eggless Cookie Dough Dip – The classic taste of chocolate chip cookies in a delicious dip!
- Classic Cheesecake – Decadent and rich!
- Oreo Dip – A light and fluffy dip loaded with everyone’s favorite cookie.
- Salted Caramel Brownies – Chewy brownies with a salted caramel topping.
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips (melted)
- 12 Fun Size Snickers Bars (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl until light and creamy. ~8 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, and baking soda and add to the mixture, continuing to beat,
- Add melted chocolate and mix further.
- Add chopped Snickers and stir just enough to incorporate without smashing the pieces.
- Let dough chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out ~2 tbsp cookie dough and roll it into a ball, then place on parchment lined baking sheet, leaving room for the cookies to flatten and expand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
This recipe was originally published on FoxValleyFoodie.com September 16, 2016.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.