These Salted Caramel Brownies are incredibly rich, chocolaty, and chewy! Plus, the chilled caramel layer on top adds a delectable sweet and salty touch!
Do you know someone who is really hard to buy presents for? I bet you are thinking of your dad right now. I know he is certainly the most difficult one on my list, and with each passing year, I swear, it gets harder for me to give my family wish-list suggestions. I can only assume that is most likely a sign that many dads are pretty much perfect … what else could possibly explain our zen-like satisfaction with all of our material possessions?
I did finally put a torch on my Christmas list, that’s pretty manly right? The fact that it is a culinary torch is irrelevant. If anyone asks I’ll say I use it for welding in my shop*.
*By welding I mean browning marshmallows, and by shop I mean kitchen.
-Insert manly grunts-
After a long day of welding in my shop*, I figure I deserve a treat. You are never too old for treats, right? Is there a better sounding treat than Salted Caramel Brownies?
Salted Caramel and chocolaty brownies… oh yeah!
When I first thought of creating these Salted Caramel Brownies I was concerned many of my readers wouldn’t readily have sea salt on hand to sprinkle on the caramel. Imagine my excitement when I went grocery shopping and lo and behold I found [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LDYP0H0″ locale=”US” tag=”foxvalfoo-20″]Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping[/easyazon_link] waiting for me on the shelf! It made the recipe so easy! Bake the brownies, add the caramel and let cool in the refrigerator. The hardest part was waiting, and truth be told, I didn’t wait. Shhh, don’t tell.
You’ll want to pick some up to make these Salted Caramel Brownies. The brownies are incredibly rich, chocolaty, and chewy, with caramel baked right in! Plus, the additional chilled caramel layer on top adds a delectable sweet and salty touch!
This post contains affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through these links help support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Simple Delight Salted Caramel divided
- Optional: Sprinkle additional sea salt over the top as desired
- Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add cocoa, flour, baking powder and 1/4 cup salted caramel and combine thoroughly.
- Place brownie mixture in a greased 8x8" baking pan and set in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until done. (when poking the center of the brownies a toothpick should come out slightly moist with some crumbs)
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, drizzle on the remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping, add additional salt if desired, and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until completely cooled.
- Slice and serve!
This Salted Caramel Brownies recipe was originally published on FoxValleyFoodie.com December 7th, 2015.
If you enjoyed my Salted Caramel Brownies recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.