This easy Oreo dip is delectably sweet and creamy with tantalizing bits of Oreo cookies swirled throughout. If you are looking for an easy party dessert requiring only simple ingredients, or simply a delicious sweet snack, look no further than this delicious cookies and cream dip!
Sweet, creamy, decadent. These are all words you could appropriately use to describe this Oreo dessert dip. However, the best way to describe it is simply, it tastes like happiness. I bet you didn't know happy was a flavor. Take one dunk into this delicious dip and try telling me otherwise!
What is it?
This Oreo cookie dip makes a phenomenal party dessert. It is loaded with a mixture of cream cheese and Cool whip, then a generous helping of crushed Oreos are folded into the mix along with a dash of vanilla flavoring to amplify that cookies and cream flavor. This is perfect for serving with cookies or graham crackers for dipping!
Oreo dip is a heavier variation of my Oreo fluff recipe, which is considerably lighter because it is meant to be enjoyed with a spoon. Otherwise, if you crave more sweet dips, try my Butterfinger dip too!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cream cheese - Cream cheese forms the base of this dip.
- Cool Whip - Whipped topping lightens the cream cheese mixture enough to make it suitable for dipping while also adding sweetness.
- Powdered sugar - Also known as confectioner sugar. Powdered sugar is added to sweeten up the cream cheese, similar to making cream cheese frosting. However, don't worry, we aren't adding enough to make you feel like you are eating cloyingly sweet frosting. It is just enough powdered sugar to keep your taste buds interested, but not overwhelmed.
- Vanilla extract - This can be left out if you don't have any on hand, but it does fortify the flavor nicely.
- Oreo cookies - Use regular stuffed Oreos rather than double stuffed.
How to Make It
We are making this oreo dip with cream cheese and whipped cream. Well, actually Cool Whip, which is technically "whipped topping". Softening the cream cheese and Cool Whip will help it blend easier. You can either let them sit at room temperature or soften them briefly in the microwave.
Next, we prepare this easy recipe simply by mixing all of the ingredients together. The easiest way to blend this recipe is with a hand mixer. However, I add the chopped Oreos last and fold them in with a spatula so the mixer doesn't crush them into fine crumbs. Then place this sweet treat into a serving bowl and enjoy!
What to Dunk in Oreo Dip
Serving this creamy dip with whole Oreos Cookies for dunking is ideal, however, some of my other favorite dippers are Graham Crackers, vanilla wafers, or any other sweet cookies. You can even use fresh fruit, such as apple slices or fresh strawberries. Alternatively, this would even be an amazing topping to go with my Oreo pancake recipe or French toast recipe! Your kids would think you are the greatest chef ever!
Making in Advance & Storing Leftovers
This creamy Oreo dip can easily be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. I would recommend stirring in the chopped Oreos at the last minute though so they don't go soft. You will want that crunchy texture to stand out in the dip so just chop them when you prepare this tasty dessert and store them in a sealed bag or container until you are ready to serve. The leftover dip should be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator and enjoyed within a week.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 Oreos (roughly chopped)
- Oreos or Graham Crackers for dipping
- Mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl until cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Add whipped cream and vanilla extract and stir to combine (whipped cream should be softened if it is frozen so it incorporates easier)
- Stir in chopped Oreos.
- Serve in a large bowl with additional Oreos or Graham Crackers for dipping.