Add a creamy kick of spice to your favorite dishes with this Cajun mayo that can be whipped up in seconds!
This spicy mayo-based dip is made with homemade Cajun seasonings that are likely already in your pantry!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Mayo - Store-bought mayo works perfectly, however, you can use my homemade mayonnaise recipe as well. Sour cream can be added to turn this into a Cajun dipping sauce.
- Hot Sauce - I recommend a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce like Crystal or Tabasco. Lemon juice can also be added for acidity.
- Paprika - Smoked paprika, in particular, adds another layer of flavor, but regular can be used as well.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried Oregano
- Ground black pepper - Use ground white pepper if you don't want to see the pepper flecks in the mayo.
- Cayenne pepper
- Celery powder
How to make it
This recipe is easily made by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. You can use it immediately, but the flavor will continue improving as it sits in the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container so it does not soak up off-flavors from the fridge.
Ways to use it
The best way to use this spicy condiment is to add a kick to your favorite dishes. If you are looking for inspiration, try using it to dress up any of these recipes:
- Homemade Chicken Patties
- Fish Fry
- Fried Egg Sandwich
- Sliced Steak Sandwiches
- Fried green tomatoes
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight, but can be used immediately if needed.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
This recipe was originally published on November 18, 2020.