Add a creamy kick of spice to your favorite dishes with this Cajun mayo that can be whipped up in seconds!
Ingredients you will need
- Mayo - Store-bought mayo works perfectly, however, you can use my homemade mayonnaise recipe as well.
- Hot Sauce - I recommend a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce like Crystal or Tabasco.
- Paprika - Smoked paprika, in particular, adds another layer of flavor, but regular can be used as well.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried Oregano
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Celery powder
How to make it
This recipe is easily made by mixing all of the ingredients together. You can use it right away, but the flavor will continue to improve as it sits in the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container so it does not soak up off-flavors from the fridge.
Ways to use it
The best way to use this spicy condiment is to add a kick to your favorite sandwiches. If you are looking for inspiration, try using it to dress up any of these recipes:
- Homemade Chicken Patties
- Sourdough Bacon and Turkey Panini
- Fried Egg Sandwich
- Spam Sandwiches
- Sliced Steak Sandwiches
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight, but can be used immediately if needed.