This easy rainbow sherbet punch recipe can be made in seconds with three simple ingredients, and the deliciously fruity flavor is a sure crowd-pleaser for guests of all ages! This party punch is the perfect drink to serve at baby showers, birthday parties, or any other gathering with kids and adults alike!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Rainbow sherbet - The sherbet melts into the colorful punch throughout the party, making the sweet punch deliciously thick and frothy. You can substitute your favorite flavor of sherbet or even ice cream.
- Hawaiian punch - You can substitute a generic fruit punch as well. To customize the flavor further, you can also add real fruit juice (or bite-sized chunks of fresh fruit), such as pineapple juice or black cherry.
- Lemon-lime soda - I recommend Sprite, Sierra Mist, or 7up. However, you can substitute ginger ale.
- Punch bowl - This party punch can be served in a large pitcher instead.
If you are having an adult-only party, perhaps an alcoholic party punch is destined for your menu. This easy punch recipe can easily be adapted to add booze as well. Vodka or rum (white or dark rum) both make a perfect addition.
I like the flavor of rum best when paired with a fruity drink like punch, however, if you are looking for an alcohol that will hide in the background better, vodka is the way to go. The amount of alcohol you should add will vary by taste. I would start out with ½ liter of booze and adjust from there as desired.
How to make it
You can make party punch with sherbet simply by adding your fruit punch, scoops of rainbow sherbet, and lemon-lime soda into a large punch bowl. That's it! As it sits the fruit flavors of the punch will meld together into a deliciously creamy punch. Simply set the punch bowl on the party table and let the guests help themselves while enjoying the fun festivities!
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Rainbow Sherbet Punch
- Punch Bowl
- 2 pints rainbow sherbet
- 1 pint Hawaiian punch
- 2 liters lemon lime soda
- Scoop sherbet into a large punch bowl, and pour in Hawaiian punch, and lemon lime soda, then serve.
This recipe was originally published on FoxValleyFoodie.com on December 28, 2018.