My cranberry and orange juice cocktail is sure to please everyone as it is perfect to be enjoyed with or without the addition of alcohol. Similar to a punch, this mixed drink is refreshingly fizzy with the tart accents of cranberry and orange.
I enjoy this fruity drink as a refreshing summer cocktail, but the addition of cranberries makes it an equally good holiday drink too. It is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal, as a party drink with friends and family, or simply to enjoy on your own.
What is it?
This cranberry orange juice drink can be prepared as a cocktail or a mocktail, if you wish to enjoy it as a non-alcoholic drink. This easy drink contains a mixture of tart cranberry juice, orange juice, 7UP, and vodka. However, it is equally enjoyable as a mocktail without the addition of vodka, if you wish to avoid alcohol.
You can serve these drinks individually, or they would be ideal for serving as party punch in a large punch bowl or a large pitcher at your next cocktail party for guests to grab on their own.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- 7UP - Sprite, or any other lemon-lime soda would work equally well to provide a little fizz. Club soda could be used, but it would be my last choice.
- Cranberry Juice - I think the delicious cranberry flavors really make this drink work, so it would be hard to substitute another fruit juice, although cherry juice would likely work. However, if you make this drink without cranberry juice but the flavor will change considerably.
- Fresh Orange Juice - Any other citrus juice, such as lime juice, would also work. Grapefruit juice would be my top substitution. Finally, pineapple juice would also be a great option.
- Vodka - You could also use white rum.
- Orange - An orange wedge is used for garnish.
How to make it
No cocktail shaker is needed to make this cranberry and orange juice cocktail recipe. Since it has carbonated 7UP in it, you don't want to shake it violently or you will have a mess.
Instead, I recommend adding all of the ingredients to a cocktail glass with fresh ice and gently stir them together. I do suggest adding the vodka first because it will blend into the drink better. When it gets added last it often just sits on the surface, resulting in a shockingly strong first sip.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Cranberry Orange Juice Cocktail
- 1 part 7UP
- 1 part Cranberry Juice
- 1 part Orange Juice
- 1 part Vodka Optional
- Slice Orange for garnish
- Add ice to a cocktail glass
- Pour equal parts 7UP, cranberry juice, orange juice, and vodka (optional) over ice, and stir.
- Add slice of orange for garnish and serve.
This recipe was originally published November 3, 2015 on FoxValleyFoodie.com.
Kylee @ Kylee Cooks
"Whether you are making this with or without alcohol"
This made giggle. And chuckle. And chortle.
It's WITH alcohol. Always with. ALWAYS
Fox Valley Foodie
Haha, I would be hard pressed to disagree with you!
Meggan | Culinary Hill
I really love this drink! In case you couldn't tell. I love that it's made with 7UP 10, too. That really fits my lifestyle/household needs. 🙂 Great recipe!