This outrageously delicious peanut butter Butterfinger dip will be a sure hit at your next party with kids and adults alike. Serve this yummy dip as a sweet dessert with goodies such as graham crackers, or as a fruit dip to pair with sliced apples and assorted fruit as part of a fruit tray. However you choose to enjoy this delicious treat, expect it to get devoured!
What is it?
My Butterfinger dip recipe is a cream cheese-based dip that is lightened by folding in Cool Whip, and flavored with a peanut butter base before stirring in lots of crunchy crushed Butterfinger pieces! I based this recipe on my Oreo Dip recipe, with a few notable modifications. Best of all, it is an easy recipe to customize by using your favorite candy bar as well!
If you crave more candy bar desserts, you will want to check out my Snickers brownies recipe too!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cream cheese - This is the base of the dip and should not be substituted.
- Cool Whip Whipped Topping - Whipped cream can also be used, but Cool whip is easiest.
- Creamy peanut butter - I strongly recommend using creamy peanut butter rather than crunchy.
- Powdered sugar - It is important to use powdered sugar rather than granual sugar.
- Vanilla extract - This can be ommitted if needed, but it does add another layer of flavor.
- Mini Butterfinger candy bars - You can substitute full sized candy bars, or purchase pre-crushed Butterfingers from the grocery store as well.
How to make it
Begin making this Butterfinger dessert dip by softening the eight ounce package of cream cheese. The easiest way to do this is to microwave the cream cheese in a large bowl until warmed through. Properly softening it is important to ensure you do not have a lumpy dip.
Once the cream cheese is softened stir in the Cool Whip to lighten the texture of the dip. Next, the creamy peanut butter can be incorporated into the dip as well, followed by the powdered sugar. I do recommend sifting the powdered sugar to ensure it does not clump up in the dip.
Finally, mix in the vanilla extract and Butterfinger bits. Your dip is now ready to be enjoyed by your fellow Butterfinger fans!
Tip: This recipe is easy to make by hand, but using an electric mixer will make it even easier.
What to serve with it
- Graham crackers
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Vanilla wafers
- Apple slices
- Salty Potato Chips
More Delicious Desserts
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 mini butterfingers crushed
- Graham crackers for serving
- Add softened cream cheese to a large bowl and stir in Cool Whip until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add peanut butter to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add sifted powdered sugar (to prevent clumping) and stir into the cream cheese mixture, then add vanilla extract and crushed Butterfingers.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
This recipe was originally published here on December 28, 2021.