Making moist and delicious homemade muffins with pancake mix is effortless and always a big hit with the entire family.
These easy pancake muffins are perfect anytime you are craving delicious homemade muffins but wish to avoid the hassle of making everything from scratch. Store them in advance for a quick breakfast to enjoy on busy mornings.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Box of pancake mix - You can use any store-bought pancake mix, or use the dry ingredients from a homemade pancake mix which is essentially a mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- White sugar - You can substitute brown sugar or even maple syrup, but I recommend using white sugar when possible.
- Large eggs
- Regular milk
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh blueberries - If you don't want blueberry muffins, substitute different flavors of other fresh fruit such as ripe bananas. Slightly reduce the volume used if substituting smaller mix-ins, like mini chocolate chips.
- Optional - You can customize the flavor by adding vanilla extract or a little bit of lemon zest, as well as your favorite toppings.
How to make them
To make the muffin recipe with pancake mix begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and greasing a muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine pancake mix, and sugar. Then form a well in the center of the mixture.
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, and vegetable oil. Then pour these wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients. Add any mix-ins at this time, then gently fold everything together with a spatula.
Pour the muffin mixture into the wells of a muffin pan, filling each well ⅔ full. Then place the muffins in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and baked through.
Store any leftover pancake muffins in an airtight container, or cover in plastic wrap for up to one week. They can be left at room temperature for storage.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Muffins with Pancake Mix
- Muffin Tin
- 2 ½ cups pancake mix
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or other mix-ins)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease your muffin tin (or line each well with muffin papers).
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it along with blueberries. Then mix with a spatula until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the muffin batter into a muffin tin, filling each well ⅔ of the way up.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through. The muffins are done when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out cleanly.