You can make this exceptionally flavorful meatloaf with Ritz crackers and a handful of simple ingredients you may already have on hand.
This easy meatloaf is the perfect meal when you are craving classic comfort food the whole family will enjoy.
What is it?
This Ritz cracker meatloaf recipe doesn't need any bread crumbs to make a deliciously tender meatloaf. Instead, we use crushed crackers which add a subtle buttery flavor while also holding in moisture to ensure you don't have a dry meatloaf. This pairs perfectly with the tangy balsamic ketchup meatloaf glaze.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Lean ground beef - I recommend 85/15 ground beef or 80/20. Don't use anything fattier or the meatloaf will be too greasy.
- Ritz crackers - Buttery Ritz crackers are used as a substitute to make meatloaf without breadcrumbs while adding additional flavor.
- Milk - Beef broth can be substituted.
- Worcestershire sauce - Soy sauce can be substituted.
- Egg - You can make meatloaf without eggs if needed.
- Yellow onion - Using a sweet onion is great too.
- Italian seasoning
- Table salt
- Garlic powder - You can substitute 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
How to make it
To make this meatloaf recipe with Ritz crackers, first crumble the ground beef into a large bowl. Then add the remaining meatloaf ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
Next, prepare the meatloaf glaze by mixing the ketchup and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Spoon a couple of tablespoons across the bottom of your bread loaf pan lined with foil.
Place the meat mixture in the bread loaf pan and press into an even loaf. Then paint the remaining meatloaf glaze over the top.
Place the meatloaf in a 350 degree oven for one hour, or until it reaches 160 degrees. Then remove it from the oven, and let the juicy meatloaf rest for a few minutes prior to serving with mashed potatoes or your favorite sides.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
Leftover meatloaf should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. The leftovers are best reheated in individual servings.
Slices of meatloaf can be microwaved until warmed through, or gently heated in a skillet over medium-low heat. I always recommend using leftover meatloaf to make delicious meatloaf sandwiches.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Meatloaf with Ritz Crackers
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble ground beef in a large bowl, then add all of the meatloaf ingredients. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, prepare the meatloaf glaze by whisking together the ketchup, and balsamic vinegar.
- Line a bread pan with aluminum foil and spread a spoonful of the glaze across the bottom. Then place the meatloaf mixture in the pan and press it to form an even loaf. Spread the remaining glaze over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven for one hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, let rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.