This easy honey roasted cashews recipe is perfect when you are craving a sweet and crunchy snack for yourself or your next party. Whether you are satisfying your sweet tooth, or just need a crunchy snack for game night, these buttery cashews are a great way to bring snaking to a whole new level!
What are they?
Raw cashew nuts are coated with a perfect combination of honey, sugar, vanilla, and seasonings then baked to golden brown roasted perfection! The sticky glaze will transform into a deliciously sweet and crunchy coating that hardens while it cools. Finally, a mixture of brown sugar and kosher salt is sprinkled on the cooling cashews to finish off the sweet and salty snack.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Unsalted Cashews - You can use this same easy recipe to create honey roasted peanuts or your favorite nut.
- Honey - Maple syrup would also taste great with this sweet snack.
- Brown sugar divided
- Butter - You will notice butter is not shown in the ingredient picture. I decided to add it afterwards because it gives the glaze a subtle buttery flavor that I love. It can be omitted, but I do think it improves the flavor.
- Vanilla extract
- Cayenne pepper - This will add a mild spice to the cashews. It can be omitted if you don't want any heat.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Kosher salt - I use kosher salt because it is a similar-sized granule as the brown sugar that is also being sprinkled on the finished nuts. Sea salt is a good substitute.
How to make them
Begin making your honey roasted cashews by preparing the glaze. Add the honey, half of the brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cayenne, and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Set the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir the mixture together and cook until the honey begins to bubble.
While the glaze is simmering on the stovetop, place the cashews into a large mixing bowl. Then pour the honey mixture into the bowl and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to evenly coat all of the nuts. Then spread the glazed cashews onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place the baking tray in a preheated oven set at 325 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Cook until the cashews are golden brown and roasted then remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar and kosher salt.
The nuts stick together while cooling. Once they are cool enough to handle, break them apart and serve.
How to store them
Store your honey roasted cashews in an airtight container or sealed mason jars. They can be left at room temperature but should be eaten within a week.
More delicious snack recipes
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Honey Roasted Cashews
- 1 Small saucepan
- Parchment paper
- 16 ounces cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, stir together the honey, half of the brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cayenne pepper, and ground cinnamon. Once the mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly, remove it from the heat.
- Place raw cashews in a large bowl and pour in the honey mixture. Stir with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Spread honey coated cashews in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. After the nuts have baked for 10 minutes, stir the cashews every five minutes to prevent burning. Remove them from the oven when they turn golden brown and appear roasted.
- Sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of brown sugar and the kosher salt onto the cashews while they are still warm. Then let cool, and break them apart as needed, then serve.
Leave a Reply