My chicken dipping sauce is a sweet and tangy condiment perfect for dipping chicken, your favorite fried food, or slathering on sandwiches. This delicious dipping sauce trikes a perfect balance between sweet and just a touch of heat to wake up the taste buds.
This creamy condiment has the smooth taste of mayo spiked with a punch of chili sauce mingling with an assortment of seasonings. The flavor first hits you as sweet before a bit of tanginess develops. The assertive flavor pairs perfectly with the mild taste of chicken, although this is one of my favorite sauces for many different uses. For you southern folks, you will find this flavorful sauce is similar in style to Comeback Sauce, a Mississippi staple.
The best part about making this quick dipping sauce in your own kitchen is you have full control over the ingredients used. My easy recipe only calls for simple ingredients, many of which you likely have on hand already. There are no artificial ingredients or mystery binders used in store-bought sauces.
- Chili sauce - Use Heinz branded chili sauce found in the condiment aisle of the grocery store by the ketchup. Do not use the Asian-style chili sauce.
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce - Soy sauce can be substituted if needed.
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder - I do not recommend using fresh garlic cloves.
- Vinegar-Based Hot sauce such as Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce.
- Lemon - Bottled lemon juice can be substituted.
How to make it
This simple recipe is pretty much foolproof to make because there is no cooking involved. All you need to do is add all of the simple ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine throughoully. That's it!
It can be enjoyed immediately, but this is actually a great recipe to make in advance to allow the flavors time to meld together. The flavor will continue to improve over the first few days.
How to store it
Your chicken dipping sauce will perfectly fit in a pint jar for easy storage. Though having a couple of condiment bottles on hand would certainly be convenient as well. Regardless of how you decide to store it, you will want it kept in the refrigerator. Since it is a mayo-based sauce, it is not safe to store at room temperature. Depending on the freshness of ingredients used, this should keep well in the refrigerator for quite a long time.
How to use it
Looking to get the most out of your chicken dipping sauce recipe? Try pairing it with any of these tasty creations.
- Beer battered chicken fingers - In my opinion, this is the best dipping sauce to serve with chicken tenders.
- Fried chicken gizzards
- Nashville Hot Chicken Fingers - This is the ideal dip to tame the heat of spicy chicken!
- Homemade chicken patties
- Chicken nuggets - Or popcorn chicken.
- Grilled chicken - It isn't just fried foods that taste great with this creamy sauce!
It isn't just chicken that is perfect for dipping into this creamy creation. Try any of these fried food favorites with your versatile dipping sauce as well. This tasty sauce would be perfect to serve on an appetizer tray at your next party.
- French fries - Serve with different dipping sauces, such as my cheese sauce recipe as well!
- Onion rings
- Mozzarella sticks
- Fried pickles
- Cheese curds
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Chicken Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a pint jar and store in refrigerator.
- It can be used right away but flavors are best once it sits overnight.
This recipe was originally published on FoxValleyFoodie.com on May 12, 2016.