This frozen no-bake Butterfinger pie is effortless to throw together and tastes just like the Butterfinger ice cream treats you enjoyed as a kid!
I came up with this decadent Butterfinger pie on accident when I was creating my Oreo fluff recipe, I bought Butterfingers to make Butterfinger fluff as well and I didn't think it worked as well as a "fluff", but it sure made a phenomenal great pie filling. This is a must-try for Butterfinger fans!
What is it?
Butterfinger pie is an easy no bake dessert recipe that can be made with a handful of simple ingredients. The creamy filling for this easy recipe is a mixture of vanilla pudding and Cool Whip, which forms an ice cream-like consistency when frozen.
Other flavors of pudding can be substituted, such as chocolate, if desired. Butterfinger candy bars are crushed and blended with the pie filling and sprinkled on top of the no bake pie for texture.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- 9" Ready Pie Crusts - A chocolate crust or graham cracker crust are both great options. You will find pre-made pie crust in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Packet
- Whipped Topping - Cool Whip is recommended.
- Butterfinger Minis - Butterfingers are not the only option you can use with this recipe. Feel free to get creative and substitute your favorite candy bar. For example, chopped Crunch Bars, Oreo cookies, or Hershey's with chocolate pudding would be a fantastic modification!
- Optional - To fortify the flavor further, you can add creamy peanut butter to taste.
How to make it
No bake Butterfinger pie is a surprisingly easy dessert to whip up. Begin by making the pudding mixture by whisking the pudding packet and milk together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Then crush your candy bars into small bits.
I find it is easiest to put the Butterfinger bars in a plastic zip lock bag and roughly crush them into small pieces with a meat mallet before blending them with the pudding mixture. It makes for a much easier clean-up than using chopped Butterfingers.
Next, combine together the pudding, candy bars (reserve a handful for topping), and whipped cream in your large mixing bowl with a rubber spatula until well combined. Pour the creamy filling equally into each pre-made crust and top with the remaining Butterfinger pieces.
Cover the pies in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for two hours, then enjoy.
Storing Leftover Butterfinger Pie
Leftover pie should be kept in your freezer in an airtight container. It can also be covered in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. The flavor of this decadent pie will be best if enjoyed within two weeks.
- 2, 9" Ready Pie Crusts
- 1 packet Instant Vanilla Pudding (Packets are 3.4 ounces)
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 15 Butterfinger Mini’s
- Mix milk with vanilla pudding packet, according to package instructions.
- Crush Butterfingers in a bag with a meat mallet to contain the mess.
- Mix pudding, Cool Whip, and Butterfingers together, reserving 2-3 crushed Butterfingers for the topping.
- Pour the creamy Butterfinger filling evenly between 2 pie crusts, alternating between each to ensure equal filling in both, then add the remaining Butterfinger bits on top of the pie.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap or foil and place in freezer for 2 hours to firm up, or until completely frozen.
This recipe was originally published here on September 11, 2018.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.