This Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches recipe is sponsored by Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls. As always, all opinions are my own.
Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches are packed with flavor-infused shredded beef, oozing melted cheese, and placed between piping-hot party buns that are bathed in a sweet and savory buttery sauce. This is a Mississippi Roast like you’ve never seen it before!
The parade of holidays is upon us! Halloween has passed by with its eclectic smattering of ghosts, ghouls and princesses, and the turkey trot is marching on the horizon. Are those jingle bells we hear in the distance? Holidays mean many things, but one thing they share in common is big get-togethers and lots of food!
I have the perfect holiday party meal for you! These Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches are ideal for feeding a crowd, and their small size makes them perfect for eating while mingling. Your friends won’t be able to get enough of them.
Though, if I am being honest: I don’t need a holiday as an excuse to make these. They are dangerously delectable.
These luxurious sandwiches are bathed in a mouthwatering mixture of butter, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce that infuses every nook and cranny of the sandwich with flavor. The Mississippi roast was already my favorite slow cooker meal, but these baked party sandwiches bring this decedent roast to a whole new level of flavor!
I use Martin’s Party Rolls for my Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches. Not only does the 24 count package of rolls fit perfectly into a 9×13″ baking pan, their soft pillowy texture is ideal for sopping up every last bit of flavor from the buttery mopping sauce.
Right now you can win great prizes from Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe by entering their Holiday Cookbook contest! Simply pick up a package of your favorite Martin’s product and get cooking to create your best holiday recipe! You’ll have the chance to win prizes from Le Creuset, KitchenAid, and more!
For complete rules and entry instructions, check out Martin’s Holiday Cookbook Contest website.
In the meantime, while you are looking for inspiration, pull out your slow cooker and give this Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches recipe try. I promise it will soon be a favorite of yours too!
Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches
- 4 lb Chuck Roast
- 1 1/4 oz Au Jus packet (Dry)
- 1 oz Ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 6 whole Pepperoncini peppers
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 24 Martin's Party Rolls
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- Add all ingredients for the Mississippi Roast into the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours, or until the meat is easily shredded.
- Remove any large chunks of fat from the meat and shred.
- Mix ingredients for the sauce together.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place entire package of Martin's Party Potato Rolls into a 9x13" baking pan and remove the top half of the buns. (The buns should fit perfectly in the pan)
- Slather the shredded Mississippi Roast onto the buns so it is 1" thick.
- Cover the meat with slices of Provolone Cheese.
- Place the top half of top of the cheese to cover. Paint buns liberally with sauce mixture.
- Cover baking pan in foil.
- (Baking pan may now be placed in the refrigerator until ready to be cooked, or you can proceed with baking)
- Bake the covered pan for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes further.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
If you enjoyed my Baked Mississippi Roast Party Sandwiches recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.