What is more annoying – watching your favorite team blow a big lead, or watching your friend keep double dipping in your seven layer bean dip? Unless my audience contains a larger than anticipated reader-base of professional coaches looking for halftime appetizer ideas for the locker room, you probably can’t do much about the first problem. However, I can at least ensure you don’t have to worry about your friends double dipping again!
Say hello to these Individual Seven Layer Bean Dip Boats!
Next time everyone gathers for game day, put one of these Seven Layer Bean Dip Boats in their hands. They can scurry away to their favorite seat and enjoy seven layer bean dip without fear of scorn as they incessantly dip two, three, or four times with the same chip.
Do I dare say this recipe can save friendships?!
However, the greatest thing about these Individual Seven Layer Bean Dip Boats is the layers of flavor resting on these awesome flour tortilla boats! Refried beans infused with taco seasoning, hearty guacamole, sour cream and salsa will adorn your chip with each eager dip! You may want to make extra right away.
I picked up my Old El Paso Taco Boats at Walmart. Actually, they had everything I needed to make this recipe and get ready for game day. I even picked up some tissues for my friends to cry in after their team gets crushed!
Individual Seven Layer Bean Dip Boats
- 8 Old El Paso Flour Tortilla Boats
- 2, 16 oz cans Refried beans
- 1 oz Taco Seasoning packet
- 16 oz jar Salsa
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz can Sliced Olives
- 1 Green Onion, finely chopped (only green portion)
- 3 ripe Avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While tortillas are baking, heat refried beans in a saucepan or microwave until warmed through and mix in taco seasoning packet.
- Mix together all guacamole ingredients and mash together to get your desired consistency.
- To fill the boats add 1/4-1/3 cup of refried beans to the bottom of each boat.
- Add 2 tbsp guacamole and a heaping tablespoon of sour cream.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheddar cheese and add a tablespoon of salsa.
- Top everything with sliced black olives and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you enjoyed my Individual Seven Layer Bean Dip Boats recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.