Cheesy and satisfying with just a touch of heat, this Sourdough Bacon & Turkey Panini with Chipotle Mayo will make you think you are having lunch at your favorite bistro!
Meat and potatoes may be the staple of my parent's generation, but I would rather have a hearty sandwich any day. There is just something ultimately satisfying about layers of tender turkey, melted cheese, and crisp bacon lying in wait beneath the crackle of crusty toasted bread! Slather on a generous helping of Chipotle Mayo and now you really have my attention!
I've been making this Sourdough Bacon & Turkey Panini with Chipotle Mayo for years. It has been my go-to sandwich when I'm craving something as good, if not better, than any sandwich I will find in a restaurant.
Somewhere there is a rule that cheesy grilled sandwiches need to be eaten with a hot bowl of soup, tomato soup in particular. I think Moses had it on the 10 Commandments or something. Failing to abide by this turns you into a pillar of salt or something. Don't fret though, my Fire Roasted Tomato Soup is the PERFECT companion to this Chipotle Turkey Panini!
My recipe assumes you do not have a Panini Press. I don't own one. However, if you do own one, this recipe is infinitely easier. Just cook the bacon and onions, assemble the sandwich and place it on the press. Easy peasy.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Sourdough Chipotle Turkey Panini with Bacon
- 2 slices Sourdough bread
- ¼ lb Deli turkey
- 1 Strip of bacon cut half
- 1 thick slice Pepper Jack cheese
- 4-8 slices Red Onion, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter, or as needed
- 1 ¼ tablespoon Mayo (1 heaping tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, minced
- Cook bacon in pan until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onions in 1 tablespoon of bacon fat, or oil, until becoming tender.
- Lightly toast bread and butter one side of each.
- Mix together mayo and Chipotle peppers. Set aside.
- Placing buttered side of the bread down, add cheese, bacon, turkey and sliced onions to bread, Place in a pan on medium heat and cover. Grill each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. About 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and slather Chipotle mayo on inside of bread, slice in half and serve.
- Scale this recipe as needed to get the desired amount of sandwiches.
If you enjoyed my Sourdough Bacon & Turkey Panini with Chipotle Mayo recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.