Blood mary ketchup infuses your favorite condiment with the flavors of your favorite cocktail!
Inspired by the bold flavors loaded into my homemade Bloody Mary mix, this ketchup is dressed up with all of the flavors you love, but none of the alcohol. However, there is no reason why you can't add a splash of vodka as well.
Blood Mary Ketchup Ingredients
- Ketchup - This is the tomato flavored base, such as tomato juice is in the classic drink.
- Lemon juice - Brightens the flavor.
- A-1 Sauce - Adds depth and a nice contrast to the lemon juice.
- Worcestershire sauce - Adds an umami component.
- Prepared Horseradish - Adds bite!
- Hot Sauce - I recommend using Franks.
- Brown sugar - Sweetness balances the heat.
- Celery Powder - I recommend powder rather than celery salt because condiments are often paired with foods that are already salty.
- Black pepper - Fresh ground is always best.
Directions and Tips
To make your own Bloody Mary ketchup the ingredients simply get mixed together and they are ready to go! The flavor gets better as it melds in the fridge, so it is best to make at least a day in advance.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients to highlight your favorite flavors. For example, if you like it spicier add more hot sauce, or substitute a hotter sauce.
How to store it
Like any condiment, it needs to be stored in an airtight container to prevent odors from the fridge from creating off-flavors in the ketchup. Conservatively, your Bloody Mary ketchup will stay fresh at least a week, although you can probably expect it to last much longer. However, since this recipe isn't professionally tested for stability, I can't give you an exact "Best by..." date.
Delicious ways to use it
Bloody Mary ketchup is great on most anything ketchup is used for, but here are a few stand-out pairings:
- Meatloaf - This would be a phenomenal glaze for a meatloaf!
- Burgers - A Bloody Mary burger does sound pretty good, doesn't it?
- French fries - Dipping French fries would be a simple way to use it.
- Sloppy Joes - Get creative and craft your own Bloody Mary sloppy Joe recipe.
Blood Mary Ketchup
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (I recommend Frank's)
- ¼ teaspoon celery powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.