Learn how to make Chicken Parmesan and create a meal your whole family will love!
During my years spent traveling the countryside of Italy I studied under the tutorship of an old Italian grandma who required me to make her Chicken Parmesan every morning for breakfast. The carbohydrates she consumed from the spaghetti gave her endurance to traverse dangerous mountaintops in search of the ripest tomatoes, and the protein from the chicken gave her the strength to throw things at me from long distances whenever I screwed up.
Such fond memories.
Of course, I have never actually been to Italy learning how to make Chicken Parmesan, nor have I studied any authentic chicken Parmesan recipes. Quite honestly, I don't even know any Italian Grandmas.
But nonetheless, I do make a pretty dang good chicken Parmesan. It is fairly easy to make and it is a simple way to impress the family at dinner.
Chicken Parmesan is my wife's favorite dish, so yesterday for her birthday I surprised her at work with a pipping hot meal. Look at me being all thoughtful and whatnot!
As you'll soon see, learning how to make Chicken Parmesan is not overly difficult. Plus, as long as you own a Meat Mallet it is quite fun! Who doesn't enjoy pounding on some meat with a hammer? If nothing else, it is a great way to vent your frustration at your husband for not surprising you at work with Chicken Parmesan too!
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 24 oz Pasta sauce (heated)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A few grinds of fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, boil a pot of water, and heat pan with oil coating the bottom.
- Pound the chicken breasts with mallet till the breast is a uniformed thickness, roughly ½” thick. (Best to cover in plastic wrap to prevent splattering).
- Set up dredging station with a dish of flour, paprika, ground pepper, and lightly seasoned with salt. A separate dish of beaten eggs, and a third dish of breadcrumbs, and Parmesan.
- Dredge the chicken in flour mixture shaking off the excess, then in the egg, letting excess drip off, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring it is thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken breast in heated oiled pan, cooking each side for 2 minutes or until nicely browned.
- When both sides are browned place chicken on a baking sheet; topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Finish cooking in the oven till the internal temperature exceeds 165 degrees and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- While chicken begins cooking place noodles in boiling water and cook until al dente (About 9 minutes).
- Serve chicken on top of a bed of spaghetti covered in pasta sauce.
If you enjoyed reading How to Make Chicken Parmesan then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.