My grandma's Asparagus and Brie Warm Pasta Salad is infused with the sweet flavor of fresh basil, while creamy bites of warm brie and crisp asparagus mingle throughout!
A few months ago my grandma passed away at the robust age of 86. While the death of a loved one is never a joyous time, she lived a full life and was able to die in the same way as she lived - on her terms. One of the best decisions I've ever made was visiting her prior to her death and asking if she would share her favorite recipes with me.
For those that didn't know her, my grandma was a renowned cook. The only thing she didn't know how to make was bad food, so I knew any recipes she decided to pass on would be exceptional. When I left her house that day I carried with me a treasure trove of recipes I am still cooking my way though, one of which is this Asparagus and Brie Warm Pasta Salad.
This warm pasta salad perfectly epitomizes my grandma's cooking style. The salad is light, refined, and bursting with fresh flavors. Loaded with spring produce, it is the perfect dish to breakup the melancholy of winter!
Asparagus and Brie Warm Pasta Salad doesn't need any special equipment to make, however I find a good Cheese Knife makes cutting the brie easier. Brie is a very soft cheese so it is easy to smush down if you aren't using the proper cutting utensil.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Asparagus and Brie Warm Pasta Salad
- ½ lb bowtie pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1” slices
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz Brie cheese, cut into bite sized wedges
- 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup thin sliced sweet onion
- ⅓ cup thin sliced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- Combine oil and Brie and gently stir in tomatoes, onion and basil. Set aside at room temperature while preparing the remainder of the recipe to allow flavors to meld.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add asparagus in final minute.
- Drain pasta, but don’t rinse. Add to oil mixture and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
If you enjoyed my Asparagus and Brie Warm Pasta Salad recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.