A homemade red wine vinaigrette is drizzled over succulent grilled peaches and tender, thinly sliced, steak mingling in a salad of baby spinach, pecans and blue cheese crumbles. This grilled steak and peach salad is a showstopper!
This week I felt great. I felt like I could conquer the world, but I ended up just taking pictures of salads instead. I'm OK with that trade off, though this grilled steak and peach salad could probably take over the world by itself. I doubt anyone could resist the bold flavors of this vibrant attack on the taste buds.
If you have never sunk your teeth into a steak salad before, this is the one to try. The bright and tangy red wine vinaigrette really livens up the meaty steak. You'll be sopping up every last drip with forkfuls of tender steak and freshly grilled peaches. Pecans provide a welcoming crunch in each bite, while pungent blue cheese cuts through the acidity of the vinaigrette.
This is the ideal recipe if you are looking for a healthier cookout menu, or just a more robust salad. This grilled steak and peach salad can just as easily be made outdoors on the grill, or in your favorite skillet on your stove top. However, if you are making it indoors, you can still feature the showstopping grill marks on the peaches by using a cast iron grill pan. I love using this grill pan whenever I don't want to fuss with an outdoor cookout, but I still want an impressive presentation.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Grilled Steak and Peach Salad with Blue Cheese and Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 12 oz sirloin steak
- 3 peaches sliced
- 4 oz pecans
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grill steak in skillet or on outdoor grill until it reaches desired doneness, flipping once.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Grill sliced peaches until warmed, but not mushy, while steak is resting.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain,
- Assemble salad by adding spinach to a bowl, topping with steak, peaches, pecans, and blue cheese.
- Drizzle over red wine vinaigrette to taste.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients, minus oil, to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- While whisking vigorously slowly pour oil in a steady stream to incorporate.
If you enjoyed reading my Grilled Steak and Peach Salad with Blue Cheese and Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.
Leave a Reply