This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillPorkLikeASteak #CollectiveBias
Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops feature tender Smithfield All Natural Bone-in Pork Chops stuffed with a mixture of melted Gouda cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
Carpe diem my hungry friends! Well, what I really mean to say is “seize the summer grilling season”, but I don’t really know any how to say that in Latin. Heck, even if I did, I doubt there would be more than one or two readers who could translate it. But I digress. Either way, my message is, “Get out your grill and cook these Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops.” It isn’t quite as pithy, but it works.
As you often hear me preach during the summer, there is so much more to grill than just burgers and steaks. Don’t get me wrong, I love my coffee crusted steak recipe, and I’m not known to push away a burger, however if you don’t branch out, you will be missing out on some great meals. Pork in particular frequently finds its way to my grill. It has more flavorful than chicken, and does a great job soaking in all of the flavor of a charcoal grill, which is exactly how I grilled up these Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops.
You’ll want to grill enough to enjoy leftovers too. Is it just me, or are the grilled leftovers almost even better than the original meal?
I invited my mother over to enjoy these with me, and I even made her my Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts, per her Mother’s Day request. However, despite her original apprehension, she exclaimed these were the best pork chops she’d ever eaten! It wasn’t even necessary to make the chicken after all!
I picked up the Smithfield All Natural Bone-in Pork Chops at Walmart for this recipe, they’re always exceptionally tender and juicy without added steroids or hormones. Plus, I know the meat is proudly raised in the U.S.A. by Smithfield family farmers! When you are looking for something different, Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is the perfect cut of meat to grill like a steak!
Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 Bone in Pork Chops
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced or shredded Gouda cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a small deep slit into the narrow side of the pork chop, creating a pocket inside the meat. Be careful not to poke through to the surface of the meat.
- Add a mixture of cheese and bacon to each pocket, using as much as will fit. Hold the opening shut by securing with toothpicks.
- Mix together honey, Worcestershire, and oil in a small dish.
- Season each chop with salt and pepper then brush liberally with honey mixture.
- Place over hottest part of the grill and cook ~4 minutes per side.
- If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest). If you like your chops a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
If you enjoyed reading my Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.