This creamy vanilla mocha iced coffee recipe is quick and easy to prepare with a handful of simple ingredients. Enjoy this refreshing alternative to hot coffee!
Save yourself a trip to the coffee shop on a hot summer day and make delicious cold coffee at home. You can enjoy rich the chocolate flavor of this creamy iced drink in minutes.
What is it?
This vanilla mocha iced coffee is more than just black coffee and ice cubes. Whole milk, chocolate, and vanilla are added to make a creamy drink similar to Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccinos. Although it is worth noting, this recipe is not meant to be an exact replica of that drink. This recipe yields two servings but can be scaled up as much as desired.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Whole milk - You can substitute your milk of choice, but whole milk will make a creamier iced mocha coffee. You can even use chocolate milk.
- Instant coffee grounds - You can substitute one cup of strong brewed coffee.
- White Sugar - For your mocha iced coffee to taste like your favorite coffee shop, I recommend using all of the sugar called for in this easy recipe, but if you want to make a drink with less sugar you can certainly cut back as much as desired. It will still taste good, it just won't have much sweetness. You can also substitute simple syrup to taste.
- Vanilla extract - Rather than using cane sugar and vanilla extract, you can use this vanilla simple syrup.
- Chocolate syrup - You can substitute cocoa powder or another chocolate sauce like my chocolate coffee syrup.
The flavoring for this cold brew coffee can be customized as well. Caramel would be a nice addition to this iced mocha recipe. Alternatively, you can eliminate the vanilla extract for a pure mocha iced coffee.
How to make it
To make this vanilla mocha iced coffee, simply add the instant coffee and sugar to boiling water to dissolve, give it a good stir, then vanilla and chocolate are added for flavor and stirred with milk for creaminess. Pour in a tall glass over ice cubes and enjoy!
You can make a large batch of this vanilla mocha iced coffee recipe and keep the leftover coffee in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
Vanilla Mocha Iced Coffee
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 rounded tablespoon instant coffee grounds
- 3 tablespoons sugar (see note)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- ice Cubes
- Combine instant coffee and sugar with the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add vanilla and chocolate syrup and stir to incorporate.
- Finally stir in milk and serve over ice cubes.
This recipe was originally published here on May 14, 2016.