These Parmesan baked artichoke hearts are splashed with lemon juice and then dusted with seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. This can be enjoyed as an effortless appetizer or side dish that can be baked right in your oven using only simple ingredients!
Whether you are looking for an easy side dish to serve with your holiday dinner, or a delicious appetizer to add to your game day spread, these lemon roasted artichoke hearts are a must-try for artichoke lovers!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Halved Artichoke Hearts - For less prep work, I recommend purchasing canned artichokes rather than fresh artichoke hearts.
- Fresh lemon juice - The best way is to use one fresh lemon, but you can also use bottled lemon juice.
- Garlic cloves - ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder can be substituted.
- Olive oil - Since this is being baked, I recommend using regular olive oil, rather than extra virgin.
- Italian Breadcrumbs - Panko bread crumbs can be substituted. Add Italian seasoning if using plain breadcrumbs or plain panko.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese - Grated Parmesan cheese can also be used. However, make sure you get the refrigerated Parmesan from the cheese section.
How to make them
A typical 9x13" baking pan is perfect for making this baked artichoke hearts recipe, however, there is no reason you can't use a jellyroll pan instead if needed. Using nonstick baking mats is a great hack too for easy cleanup since you won't have to worry about your artichoke hearts sticking. However, using parchment paper or aluminum foil works just as well.
This easy recipe only requires a few simple steps. To begin making your artichoke bake, you will want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven heats up place your canned artichoke hearts in a single layer face up in large baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine your minced garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Paint this mixture over the artichoke hearts. Then mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese then sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over everything.
Set your baking dish in the oven on the center rack for twenty minutes, or until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Then remove the baked artichokes from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then serve with a lemon wedge.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
Any leftover baked artichokes should be placed in an airtight container and stored in your refrigerator. Leftovers should be eaten within one week.
Reheat leftover baked artichoke hearts in a 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until heated through. Alternatively, you can reheat them in a microwave for simplicity, but the texture won't be as good.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts
- Baking dish
- 28 ounces canned Halved Artichoke Hearts (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ⅓ cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay artichoke hearts cut-side up in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In small bowl mix together garlic, olive oil and lemon juice then spoon evenly over artichoke hearts.
- In separate bowl mix together breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dust evenly over all artichokes.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve.
This recipe was originally published on November 22, 2017, on FoxValleyFoodie.com.