This Creamy Pesto Tortellini recipe features plump four cheese tortellini pasta swimming in a creamy pesto Alfredo sauce.
My wife and I went out to eat the other night and the restaurant had this killer Creamy Pesto Tortellini. My wife ordered it, but I kept stealing bites until I ran out of hands that weren't throbbing from being stabbed with her fork.
After she claimed the leftovers for herself as well, I decided if I wanted to enjoy a plate of this pesto tortellini for myself, I was going to have to make my own. So the following morning I found myself at the grocery store before I even worried about breakfast.
I used a recipe I found on Food Network for inspiration, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Using a simple Alfredo sauce as a base adds a nice creaminess to the dish, while still allowing the pesto flavor to shine through.
I kept this Creamy Pesto Tortellini recipe simple. It is the ideal canvass to unleash your culinary creativity. Add broccoli, chicken, or any other vegetables you like to the dish to really make it come alive. Or just keep it simple and savory, like I did.
I used Four Cheese Tortellini Pasta for my recipe, but any tortellini pasta works well. Using two 8oz packages is perfect for this recipe. However, I noticed some brands come in odd sizes so pay attention to the bag size when shopping.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Creamy Pesto Tortellini
- 16 oz Four Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 1 ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ⅓ cup Pesto
- ⅓ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, room temperature
- Fresh Ground pepper, to taste
- Boil tortellini pasta till al dente, according to package instructions.
- In separate saucepan, simmer heavy cream and pesto sauce until slightly thickened. Whisk frequently.
- Slowly add Parmesan cheese, while continuing to whisk. Allow each sprinkling to melt into the sauce before more is added.
- Let sauce simmer for ~20 minutes, or until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Toss with tortellini pasta and serve.
If you enjoyed my Creamy Pesto Tortellini recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.