When I was in college I was convinced I made the world’s best margarita. Grabbing apples, bananas, and a random assortment of other fruit, I pureed the concoction in a blender with tequila till it looked and tasted like boozed up baby food. In all reality it was probably closer to the world’s most underwhelming smoothie than the world’s best margarita. Where was Cayman Jack’s pre-blended margarita when I needed it?
Cayman Jack is a premium, hand-crafted, margarita using only quality ingredients like organic key limes, pure cane sugar, and 100% blue agave nectar to create an authentic taste. These are perfect for the sizzling, dog days of summer when you are craving a refreshing cocktail without the mess and the hassle of having to mix it up yourself!
Nowadays, rather than trying to blend food into my margaritas, I’m focused on blending the perfect flavors with the margarita, and there are no better flavors to compliment Cayman Jack’s margarita than my Ancho Chicken Flatbread Sandwich with Cilantro and Lime! The cooling lime flavors and the sweetness from the real cane sugar in Cayman Jack perfectly balances the subtle heat of ancho chili powder and poblano peppers!
I love this recipe because flatbread’s versatility makes it perfect for a meal at home, an outdoor BBQ with friends, or even wrapping up the sandwich for a picnic with someone special. Plus the convenient serving sizes of the Cayman Jack bottles makes them ideal for joining the party wherever that might be. No blender required! Never thought of using flatbread with Mexican food? You are going to love it! Think of it as a pillowy soft tortilla shell that gets a light exterior crispness when quickly grilled!
Ancho Chicken Flatbread Sandwich with Cilantro and Lime
- 8 rounds of Flatbread
- 2 lb chicken breast cut into thin strips
- Chicken seasoning recipe to follow
- 2 poblano peppers cut into strips
- 1 Red Onion thinly sliced (Bonus points if you use Pickled Red Onions)
- Sour cream
- Cilantro chopped
- Lime cut into eighths
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips and toss with seasoning until well coated.
- Cook chicken in a skillet with a swirl of oil till cooked through.
- At the same time cook poblano strips in a separate skillet with oil on medium high heat till slightly charred.
- If you have a gas stove, lightly toast each piece of flatbread on each side over the burners till right before it starts charring. If using an electric stovetop, toast the flatbread in a dry skillet on medium heat the same way.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading sour cream onto the inside of half of the flatbread, then add onion, poblano, chicken and cilantro. Top with salsa and a squeeze of lime and fold in half.
If you enjoyed reading my Ancho Chicken Flatbread Sandwich with Cilantro and Lime recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cayman Jack. The opinions and text are all mine.