Making this easy strawberry banana milkshake recipe is almost effortless. Add these simple ingredients to a blender and enjoy!
Not only will you fall in love with the creamy texture of this delicious milkshake, but the recipe is also easily customizable in an endless amount of ways. So grab your blender and favorite serving glass and reward yourself with this tasty treat.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Fresh strawberries - You can substitute frozen strawberries or even other varieties of fresh or frozen berries. Using fresh fruit will give you the best flavor. If using frozen fruit, I recommend thawing it.
- Ripe bananas - For more banana flavor, you can make a pure banana milkshake by omitting all berries.
- Vanilla ice cream - You can substitute frozen yogurt to craft a healthy milkshake or use Greek yogurt for a nice quick breakfast. Otherwise, you can substitute strawberry ice cream for more strawberry flavor.
- Milk - I recommend using whole milk, but you can substitute heavy cream for more decadence and a thicker shake. Otherwise, coconut milk would taste amazing!
- Vanilla extract
There is no added sugar in this strawberry banana shake, or any artificial sweeteners because the fruit and ice cream are sufficiently sweet. However, you can add the sweetener of your choice if desired. Options include maple syrup, honey, or this vanilla syrup.
How to make it
This strawberry banana shake is simple to make because there is no cooking involved for this easy recipe. Add your fresh sliced strawberries, banana slices, ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract to your high powered blender and pureed until smooth. If you like a thick milkshake, add less milk. If you like a thinner shake, add more milk. Pour the shake into a serving glass, top with whipped cream and serve.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- 8 ounces strawberries (hulled)
- ½ ripe banana
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Whipped Cream for topping
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree on the highest setting until the mixture is smooth and fully combined.
- Pour into two glasses and top with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on March 14, 2016, here on FoxValleyFoodie.com.
I omitted the vanilla extract and it was still too sweet. Next time using less vanilla ice cream for sure...cant taste banana at all.
We've seen your posts before and we are all pretty sure you complain about everything.
This was really delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Haven't tried it yet, but sounds delicious! Thanks for the tip about Sir Bananas Milk. Had never heard of it, but will look for it at Wal Mart next time I go. Hope my Wal Mart carries it.
This shake looks delicious! I know my daughter would love it too!!