This Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup is brimming with the rich flavors of roasted produce. You’ll love the luxurious deep flavors as much as knowing how healthy it is!
My daughter is playing with her Veggietaless book as I try to type up this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup recipe. It is one of those endearing books that sings a song every time she opens it. After hearing it blast, “GOD IS BIGGER THAN THE BOOGGGYMANN” for the millionth time, I’ve begun to fantasize that this soup is actually made up of the VeggieTales characters.
Did that just get creepy?
I think any parent can likely sympathize. Every kid has that one toy that just drives you bonkers.
Regardless if you are making this soup to symbolically dispense of cartoon vegetable characters, or you just want to make lunch, this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup won’t disappoint. The flavors are phenomenal!
The roasted red pepper really comes through in each bite, and it is nicely accented by bit of smoked paprika. Roasted carrots and tomatoes add a bit of sweetness, while potatoes and onion add body. This is a really well-rounded soup, and there isn’t a single ingredient you need to feel bad about adding. Flavorful and healthy! What could be wrong with that?
You can blend this soup in batches if needed, however if you have a big enough blender you can easily puree it in one batch. I use the KitchenAid 60-oz Blender and don’t have any issues.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link helps support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 5 Red Peppers
- 3 vine tomatoes, quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Sweet Onion, quartered
- 2 cup Carrots 1, diced
- 1 cups large Russet Potato 2, large chop
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp heaping Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomato, onion, and garlic on a sheet pan and roast in the oven.
- Remove garlic after 10 minutes (it should be slightly softened and have a roasted aroma)
- Roast tomatoes and onions for 40 minutes total, or until beginning to blacken.
- Add chicken stock, carrots, and potatoes to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots and potatoes have softened.
- If using a gas stove, blacked the red peppers on the burners while onions and tomatoes roast. Otherwise, use the broiler, rotating the peppers as needed to blacken the full exterior.
- Scrub the blackened skin off the peppers, and remove stems and seeds.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree till smooth. Work in batches if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you enjoyed reading my Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.