This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone, as always. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
I won’t say this is the best granola bar I’ve ever eaten, because that would be pretty pompous of me. So instead, I’ll just quietly think it with a satisfactory grin plastered to my face. As a matter of fact, I’m eating one right now (Yes, I know it is rude to type with your mouth full). Seriously, you won’t stop at one bite when you sink your teeth into these chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Cranberries and Almonds! They are quick and easy to make, and the addition of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds add great texture and crunch!
That is the great thing about cereal, it isn’t just for breakfast. The wide assortment of mix-ins and textures found in cereal makes it well suited for many other applications. When making homemade granola bars, there is no better complement to the recipe than the almonds and oat clusters found in Honey Bunches of Oats cereal!
However, don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy a nice big bowl of cereal for breakfast too. Family meals are important to me, and breakfast is a great way to bring the family together and start the day off on the right foot. Plus, with the wide variety of Post cereals, there is certainly one to make everyone in your family happy! If you are looking for something new, check out their two new products: Crunch O’s and Kung Fu Panda RTE Cereals!
You can pick up all of the ingredients for this Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Cranberries and Almonds recipe at your local Walmart. Plus, they have a great selection of Post cereals for you to stock up on as well!
Creamy peanut butter, the bright sweetness of dried cranberries, and tantalizing crunchy clusters are mixed in every bite of these Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Cranberries and Almonds. These make a perfect snack to fuel your day, ideal for camping and hiking, or just great when you need food on the go!
Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Cranberries and Almonds
- 3 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add cereal, oats, cranberries, coconut, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add brown sugar, honey, and salt to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute to dissolve sugar then add peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into the bowl and combine all ingredients together.
- Scrap mixture into 9x13 pan lined with greased parchment paper and spread evenly into 1/2" thickness.
- Place mixture in refrigerator to set and cool.
- Using a large knife, cut granola into rectangle bars and store in airtight containers or plastic bags. These can be frozen for longer term storage.
Looking for more way to enjoy cereal anytime? Check out these creative recipes as well!
If you enjoyed my Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Cranberries and Almonds recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.