This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone, as always. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
The playoffs are in full swing, and an increasingly few number of teams are vying for their spot in the big game! After the bitter loss of my Green Bay Packers this weekend, I’m left licking my wounds, looking forward to next year’s season. However, there’s still a lot of football left to be played this year, and a lot of parties to be thrown in anticipation of the biggest game of the year! Have you thought about what you are going to serve at your football party?
With family and friends descending on your house, there are drinks and appetizers to prepare, plus you still need an entrée to spice up the festivities! How about busting out the crock pot for a hassle-free Jamaican Black Bean Soup? Hearty and filling, the secret ingredient in this soup is guaranteed to bring out the flavor in your party!
El Yucateco’s Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce infuses this spicy Jamaican Black Bean Soup with the smoky essence of fire roasted habaneros, creating a depth of flavor in this robust soup that will make you sweat with pleasure! It is enjoyable on its own, or when served with rice.
The Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce from El Yucateco can be found at Walmart in the Hispanic food aisle, though you may want to pick up an extra bottle or two. By my count I currently have 13 bottles of hot sauce in my fridge (I’m kind of a hot sauce addict), but I still find myself reaching for the Black Label Reserve for many different applications. Spicy egg breakfast sandwiches anyone? Yes please! Its deep smoky heat is as versatile as it is flavorful.
After you have picked up a bottle of your new favorite sauce, head to the El Yucateco gear store to check out the cool gear they have to show off your love of the spicy side of life! Not only do they have a wide variety of clothing for men and women, they would love to hear any additional product suggestions you’d like to see them carry!
This Spicy Jamaican Black Bean Soup is full of creamy black beans, sweet apples, chopped bits of onion, carrots, and peppers, as well as plenty of Black Label Reserve hot sauce for a kick of flavor! Serve this up with a dollop of sour cream, or amp up the recipe by topping it with my cilantro lime sour cream sauce! It is quick and easy to prepare, and brings this Jamaican Black Bean Soup to the next level!
Jamaican Black Bean Soup
- 16 oz dried black beans picked over and rinsed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 4 leaves bay
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sour cream for topping
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (for garnish, optional)
- 2 cups white rice cooked according to instructions (optional but recommended)
- Add chicken stock and black beans to to slow cooker and turn on high.
- While slow cooker comes to temperature prep all remaining ingredients.
- Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, hot sauce, garlic, apple, and bay leaves to crock pot and let cook on high until beans are tender, about 4 1/2 hours.
- Once beans are tender, mash with a potato masher until the mixture begins to thicken, leaving some beans unmashed.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve black bean soup on top of rice, topped with sour cream and green onions.
Have you tried El Yucateco Hot Sauce? I would love to hear which flavor is your favorite in the comments below!
If you enjoyed my Jamaican Black Bean Soup recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.