I love paying my bills so much I've decided to pay your bills too. That's right, I am excited to announce the first annual FoxValleyFoodie.com Blogging Scholarship!
I could use your help. Please help me promote this scholarship by sharing it with a deserving student.
Ever since I was a child I knew what I wanted to do when I grew up: Blog? No, bloggers in the early 1990's were called "little sisters" and their websites were "diaries". I wanted to work in politics!
Well, long story short, I spent a lot of money, got a degree in political science, worked in politics for a few years and decided life would be a lot more fun if I could sit at home in my pajamas every day, taking pictures of stretchy melted cheese. So I threw some magic pixie dust over my shoulder (truth be told, it was just Himalayan Sea Salt) and BAM, I became a successful food blogger.
To celebrate waking up to do what I love each morning, I've decided to start the FoxValleyFoodie.com Student Blogging Scholarship and award $500 to a deserving student blogger. Few people appreciate the amount of behind the scenes effort required to make a website successful, which is why I couldn't be more excited to support those with the determination to blaze their own trail in this non-traditional field.
Please review the scholarship details below. I look forward to receiving your applications.
FoxValleyFoodie.com 2017 Blogging Scholarship
- December 31, 2017
How to Apply:
- Publish a blog post on your website answering this question, in 400-900 words:
- "How has blogging impacted your life?"
- Send your published URL to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name, address, phone number, school and current year of study.
- Make sure you email your submission by December 31, 2017.
- Note: Your submitted blog post is NOT required to be publicly promoted to your website's followers, however you are welcome to do so if you wish.
Here is what I'm looking for in the submissions:
- Is it interesting, thought-provoking, creative, or just plain fun to read? If it is boring, you'll make me sad. Please don't make me sad.
- Is it grammatically correct? Plz dnt use txtspk, or I'll end up reading it again just for the satisfaction of rejecting it twice.
- Please only send one entry. Come on, don't be that guy...
- The winner will be selected January 2018 by myself, based on the above criteria.
Rules & Disclaimers:
- Employees of FoxValleyFoodie.com (that's pretty much just me), as well as immediate family, are ineligible to participate.
- Participants must be enrolled in 2 or 4-year post-secondary education as of the application deadline. FoxValleyFoodie.com reserves the right to verify your enrollment status.
- Only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Scholarship winner will be required to submit a headshot to be published with the award announcement.
- By submitting your essay and entering the FoxValleyFoodie.com Blogging Scholarship Contest, you agree that FoxValleyFoodie.com may use your essay, in whole or in part, for promotional purposes.
- By entering the FoxValleyFoodie.com Blogging Scholarship Contest, you agree to grant copyright ownership of your essay and any related images to FoxValleyFoodie.com. All essay submissions become the sole property of FoxValleyFoodie.com. (Basically, I don't want to select you as the winner and then have you sue me when I show excerpts of your submission)
- Your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address and school will not be published or shared with any third parties without your express written permission, and will be used only for the purpose of contacting you to distribute your prize.
- The prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable and cannot be substituted or exchanged for other prizes.
- These rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.