Do you ever wonder what it would taste like to take a bite out of heaven? No wait, scratch that. That is too cliché. Have you ever wondered what your pillow would taste like if it was sautéed in browned butter? Hmm, that kind of sounds gross… burnt soggy cotton and hair grease. Yum. Who gave me a blog anyhow? How about this: With a crisp exterior and a pillowy soft center, pan-seared gnocchi with a browned butter sage sauce is about as close to heaven as I’ve gotten with a fork.
Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sage Sauce is just about the best comfort food I found. Typically, when I am craving comfort food, I crave pizza. However, scarfing down a large pizza in one sitting leaves me feeling like a dejected social outcast taking refuge in his mom’s basement. Hardly a foodie. However, when I cook up a batch of my Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sage Sauce I feel like a far classier glutton as I sop up every last drop of flavor infused butter with these crispy browned clouds from heaven. I find it also helps my psyche to stick my pinky out as I take each bite.
Have I got you convinced to try this yet? Perhaps you have more willpower than me and can restrain yourself to a single serving, and if so, my hat’s off to you. However, I would give you far more foodie cred if you muster up the courage to make the gnocchi from scratch. If you are up to the task, check out my easy to follow guide on how to make gnocchi from scratch. There is nothing better than homemade gnocchi, it is worth the effort!
If you don’t want to make gnocchi from scratch, and you aren’t sure where to find it in your grocery store. You can order gnocchi off of Amazon.com instead.
The above link is an affiliate link. Any Amazon purchases made through this link help support FoxValleyFoodie.com without any additional cost to you.
Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sage Sauce
- 32 oz Gnocchi bonus if made from scratch
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 20 leaves large fresh sage
- 1 tsp . finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the gnocchi in salted water until it floats.
- Remove with slotted spoon and let water drip off.
- Working in batches, melt butter 1 tbsp at a time in a large skillet and add gnocchi to form a single layer in pan. (Plan for about 4 batches)
- Ensure gnocchi is coated in butter and let sit and brown for a couple minutes.
- Turn the gnocchi and let the other side brown as well.
- Set off to the side and keep warm while you finish remaining batches.
- Add 8 tbsp of butter in pan and add the sage leaves when butter is almost all melted.
- Stir occasionally till leaves are crisp and butter is brown.
- Pour over gnocchi.
- Serve topped with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you enjoyed reading my Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sage Sauce recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.