This crescent roll veggie pizza is loaded with a rainbow of fresh vegetables on an easy crescent roll crust with a ranch-infused pizza sauce. Perfect for a vibrant party appetizer, or even a light lunch when you are craving something fresh. Best of all, this flavorful pizza can be ready to serve in 20 minutes!
What ingredients do I need?
- Crescent rolls - Buying the uncut dough sheets works best, but I used the regular pre-cut dough and it still works great.
- Cream cheese - Make sure to soften the cream cheese so it mixes better.
- Sour cream - Sour cream lightens the pizza sauce.
- Ranch seasoning packet - Find this by the ranch dressing.
- Dill - Always use fresh dill whenever possible, the flavor is infinitely better.
- Broccoli florets - cut off the tops and discard the stems.
- Sweet bell pepper - Any red, yellow, or orange peppers work.
- Cucumber - A small or medium cucumber is ideal.
- Sliced black olives - Grad the small can on the shelf.
- Gruyere cheese - Feel free to substitute another high-quality cheese like sharp white cheddar, or even shredded Parmesan.
- Green onion - Use the white and green portions.
Other topping ideas
All of the toppings listed are simply suggestions. The great thing about veggie pizzas is how easily they are customized. Try any of these great vegetables in addition, or in place of the ingredients listed:
- Ripe tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Spicy peppers - If you use these be sure to dice them small.
- For fewer calories use low-fat sour cream or even plain greek yogurt.
How to make it
Begin by making your crescent roll pizza crust. You will need a large sheet pan lined with wax paper.
Roll the dough onto the wax paper and form it into a flat rectangle. Press together the dough from both packages to form one large crust, then bake in the oven according to the package instructions. This should take about ten minutes.
While the dough bakes prepare the pizza sauce by mixing together softened cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and ranch seasoning. Then prepare your veggies.
Once the dough has cooled spread the cream cheese mixture over it. Then top generously with vegetables and cheese. Cut and serve right away.
Tips and tricks
- Any refrigerated crescent roll package will work, but the uncut dough sheets will be easiest.
- Swap out any of your favorite vegetables, or whatever you have on hand.
- Regular pizza dough can be used in place of crescent rolls.
The easiest way to soften cream cheese is to soak the unopened package in hot water for ten minutes. Alternatively, you can place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until warm.
No, absolutely not. Your veggie pizza will taste best with a vibrant mix of fresh vegetables.
More Fresh Vegetable Recipes
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 packet ranch seasoning (each packet is 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons minced dill (fresh)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 sweet bell pepper chopped
- 6 radishes sliced
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- ⅓ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese (or sharp white cheddar)
- 1 green onion sliced
- Roll crescent roll packages onto a large baking sheet lined with wax paper and press them together to form one large sheet.
- Bake the dough according to package instructions and then set aside to cool.
- While dough is baking prepare the pizza sauce by mixing together softened cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and ranch seasoning.
- Once the dough has cooled paint it when the cream cheese mixture, then sprinkle on all toppings.*
- Cut and serve immediately.
Love making this; I have been making this as an appetizer since the 90's. I came across your recipe today and decided to make it for myself as a meal. I live alone now so I can do this for myself. Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful recipe.
I am dying to try this for pot lock/happy hour as soon as it is safe again to have gatherings.tHanks!