This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Meijer. The opinions and text are all mine.
This decadent Christmas Fudge is bursting with rich chocolate flavor and bright accents of peppermint, this is sure to become a new Christmas tradition in your kitchen!
Amongst the mountain of Christmas treats my mother prepared each holiday season, the one I looked forward to the most was fudge! This rich and creamy decadent dessert was sinfully delicious and I savored each and every bite. Ok, savored may not be the right word, "inhaled" may be more accurate.
Now, with a family of my own, it is fun to watch my kid's eyes light up when I share a piece of fudge with them. I still have a soft spot in my heart (or on my palate) for my mom's fudge, but not I create my own variations, like this mint chocolate pudding fudge I found in Meijer's Holiday Guide this year!
What is Christmas Fudge
Meijer's mint chocolate pudding fudge makes the perfect Christmas fudge because it contains all of the quintessential holiday flavors you expect in a Christmas treat. Rich chocolate fudge is accented with the bright flavor of peppermint and then painted with a layer of chocolate frosting and topped with marshmallows and crushed peppermint candy. If I could eat Santa's workshop, I suspect it would taste like this.
How to Make Christmas Fudge
Christmas fudge is a thick mixture of semi-sweet chocolate, instant chocolate pudding, butter, and powdered sugar. Peppermint extract is added as a flavoring and everything is placed in an 8" x 8" baking dish and set in the fridge to firm up.
In my opinion, the easiest way to mix up this batter is with a Kitchen Aid hand mixer, which you can find at Meijer in a variety of different colors along with all of the Wilton baking products you need to make your holiday desserts a success, such as whisks, rolling pins, and more! Because let's be honest, you are going to making more desserts than just fudge for the holidays. However, if baking isn't really your thing, don't worry, Meijer has pre-made sugar cookie kits ready to go if you are short on time!
When you are entertaining for the holidays, your menu takes a staring role, check out the Meijer Holiday Guide for more mouthwatering inspiration. I plan to serve a boneless eye of round roast from the Meijer meat counter, it is an easy show-stopper that is sure to be a hit. Pair this roast with roasted fingerling potatoes with rosemary and lemon, and vibrant brown sugar glazed carrots, and plenty of Christmas fudge for dessert!
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ½ cup Butter (divided)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 3.9 oz package Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ cups Mini Marshmallows
- ⅓ cup Crushed Starlight Mints
- Microwave 4 oz chocolate, 6 tablespoons butter, and ½ cup water in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir to combine. Add peppermint extract and instant pudding mix and stir for 2 additional minutes to ensure everything is well blended.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and continue to mix until well blended.
- Place mixture in an 8" x 8" pan lined with foil and greased. Press with the back of a spatula to smooth mixture in the pan.
- Microwave remaining butter and chocolate in a bowl for 1 ½ minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir to combine and spread over the fudge mixture in the pan. Top with marshmallows and crushed starlight candy.
- Place fudge in the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up, then cut and serve.
If you enjoyed reading my Christmas Fudge recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today!