With a few simple tricks, you can make this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Burger as good as your favorite restaurant or pub, right in your own kitchen!
People always say the secret to living a long time is eating healthy and exercising. I'm not so sure about that, to be honest. It seems to me the secret to longevity is to have a lot of birthdays. I've known people who've eaten healthy and died young, but I've yet to meet someone who's had a lot of birthdays and died young. What's my point? Throw away that salad and dive into one of these Bacon Jalapeno Popper Restaurant Burgers, and start planning your next birthday party!
One bite of this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Restaurant Burger and you will be happy to be alive. It is one of my favorite burgers of all time, and I totally stole the idea from a local restaurant menu. Unfortunately, the restaurant only serves patties well-done, overcooked, and dry. So instead I prefer to make it in my kitchen, grilled to a perfect medium and dripping with juice.
Making burgers as good as a restaurant is not as difficult and you may think. Actually, I did a whole write-up explaining the ins and outs of crafting the perfect burger patty recipe, so be sure to check it out!
The key to making your burgers at home taste like they do at a restaurant is not skipping the little things: Toast the bun in butter, don't overwork the patty, and buy high-quality hamburger buns. Often, to replicate the greasy restaurant griddle, I'll typically add a splash of oil to the skillet before adding my patties. Cooking them in hot grease helps form a nice crust on the patty.
Once you master the perfect restaurant burger you can get creative with the toppings. Jalapeno poppers are my favorite bar appetizer, and their flavor and texture make an ideal burger topping. If you like jalapeno poppers, you'll love this burger.
I like cooking my burgers in a cast iron skillet. Cast iron retains heat well and helps create a great sear on the burger. I also like keeping burger paper on hand to easily form the patties and transfer them into the pan without falling apart.
The above links are affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support FoxValleyFoodie.com at no additional cost to you.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Restaurant Burger
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 gourmet hamburger buns (I recommend brioche)
- 2 tbsp butter (divided)
- 6 tbsp cream cheese (warmed)
- 2 jalapeno pepper (sliced ¼" thick)
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (cooked crisp)
- ½ cup French's Crispy Fried Onions
- Divide ground chuck into three separate balls and press flat to form into patties, being careful not to overwork the meat. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium and add patties. (work in batches if needed)
- Cook patties until the raw meat on top begins to turn a deeper red, then flip and continue cooking till it reaches your desired doneness. Never press the patty, or you will squeeze out the juices.
- While burgers cook, add sliced jalapenos and cook until tender and beginning to brown. This can be done in a separate pan with oil if desired.
- In a separate skillet melt butter in batches and lightly toast each hamburger bun till golden brown.
- Place burger on bottom bun, and top with 2 tbsp of cream cheese, jalapeno slices, 2 strips of bacon, and French's Crispy Fried Onions.
- Top burger with other half of the bun and serve.
If you enjoyed reading my Bacon Jalapeno Popper Restaurant Burger recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.