A hot salad? A salad with sausage? Beans and sausage? You may scoff but this hot bean and sausage salad is not only a nice break from the mundane, it is actually delicious!
If I ever stumbled upon this recipe myself I would have easily passed over it. However, luckily for me my grandma cooked it for a family gathering. (I first introduced you to my grandma here) My grandma is kind of like the King Midas of food. Instead of everything she touches turning to gold it just turns freaking delicious.
I like her hot bean and sausage salad because it is simple, filling and full of flavor! Red wine vinegar gives it a little tang while a dash off hot sauce adds a nice offsetting bite. A variety of crisp vegetables not only livens up the dish but also packs it full of fresh flavor!
If you are looking for something a little different for dinner, I recommend adding this to your table. You can keep the dish healthy by selecting your favorite all natural chicken sausage too.
Hot Bean and Sausage Salad
- 2, 16 oz cans white beans (cannellini white or other)
- ½ cup scallions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 large tomato chopped
- ½ sweet pepper chopped
- ½ lb garlic sausage sliced into 1” pieces
- Tabasco sauce and or red pepper flakes
- Place garlic sausage in saucepan and brown over medium high heat.
- Deglaze with vinegar and add remaining ingredients. I drain most of the liquid in the can of beans but I like to still add a couple tablespoons to thicken up the sauce of the salad.
- Heat 5-10 minutes and serve hot.
- Top with additional chopped parsley.
If you enjoyed my Hot Bean and Sausage Salad recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, and if you are willing to take my advice on the food you put into your body you should probably follow my advice on that too.