This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
As Christmas fades, retailer's aisles adorned in red begin to fade into tones of pink. Yes, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Every year we all do something special for our spouse on Valentine’s Day, but have you ever thought about surprising someone else on Valentine’s Day as well? And no, I don’t mean confessing your love to your wife’s best friend. I mean undertaking a random act of kindness to show a teacher, coworker, or friend that you appreciate them!
My mother is a huge fan of DOVE® chocolate, and she is always there for us when my wife and I need a babysitter. Her willingness to help us out really makes our lives easier. Not to mention the money we save by being able to leave the kids with grandma, rather than paying a sitter. So when I saw the DOVE® Chocolate Valentine’s Day tins at Walmart, I knew it would be a great way to show her my appreciation for all she does for us!
Plus, the best part is, she is just learning about her surprise as she reads this! I've spent the past few days teasing her about the present that she'll receive today, without actually telling her what it is!
Combine Dove Chocolate with a thoughtful card from American Greetings®, and you have yourself a surefire way to make someone’s day! Me, being the thoughtful guy that I am, even bought myself a ‘To My Husband’ card while I was there. I can’t wait to give it to my wife to give back to me… her eyes rolling means she loves me.
To cap off your Valentine’s Day preparation you will want to make a big batch of my Chocolate Valentine's Day Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting and M&M's®! These sweet treats are perfect for making anyone’s day! You can pass these out at work, or surprise all of the neighbors on your street with one! Regardless who you give them to, you’ll be making the world a happier place one cupcake at a time!
All of these Valentine's Day goodies can be picked up at Walmart, including the special seasonal M&M's® Strawberry that I found in their Valentine's Day display! Plus, right now you can save $1.00 on ANY TWO (2) M&M’s(R) Brand Chocolate Candies, 8oz or larger by using this coupon. So make sure you stock up in advance!
These Chocolate Valentine's Day Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting and M&M's® have a rich chocolaty flavor, with M&M's® Strawberry hidden inside the cake! Plus, the cupcake is topped with a sweet strawberry frosting and sprinkled with even more M&M's® Strawberry! If love was a cupcake...
Chocolate Valentine's Day Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting and M&M's®
- 1 cup Flour All purpose
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 36 M &M's® Strawberry
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp strawberry syrup (recipe link from AddaPinch.com below)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup M&M's® Strawberry crushed & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 12 medium sized baking cups into a muffin pan.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- In a separate dish mix together cocoa powder with boiling water until smooth and combined.
- In larger bowl beat ½ cup butter with mixer until smooth, then add sugar and continue mixing for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and egg and mix till combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cup and then gently add three M&M's® Strawberry to the center of each. (it is OK if they can be seen sticking out of the surface, however you don't want them to touch the bottom or the sides or they will stick to the baking cups)
- Place in oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely prior to adding frosting.
- Beat ½ cup butter until smooth and then gradually add confectioner's sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add strawberry syrup, vanilla extract, and heavy cream and mix to combine, beating on high for 20 seconds to lighten the frosting.
- Add frosting to piping bag and evenly coat the top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle chopped M&M's® Strawberry onto the top of each cupcake, gently pressing down slightly to ensure they hold onto the frosting, gently shake off any excess.
If you enjoyed my Chocolate Valentine's Day Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting and M&M's® recipe then you should probably like me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. That’s what I would do at least, because if you don’t get to know me but you still use my recipe it is kind of like taking candy from a stranger, and your mom taught you not to do that. Don’t disobey your mom, subscribe to Fox Valley Foodie today.