These boldly seasoned chicken burgers are loaded with your favorite barbecue flavors or can be customized with your favorite ingredients.
Ground Chicken Burger
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon mustard powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (or as needed)
- 3 brioche buns (lightly toasted)
- 3 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- sliced red onion (as needed)
- 3 leaves green leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
Add all ingredients for the ground chicken burgers in a bowl and mix to combine.
Divide the mixture into three equal balls and press firmly to flatten them into patties slightly wider than your buns. Tip: Using a flat bottomed plate works well, add oil to the bottom of the plate to prevent sticking.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over low heat and add cooking oil, then add the patties, (cooking in batches if needed) and cover. Flip the patties every few minutes to prevent burning. Patties are done cooking when the meat reaches 165 degrees. Add cheese when patties have almost finished cooking.
Place chicken burger patties on a toasted brioche bun with lettuce, red onion, and BBQ sauce.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 1062mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2090IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.5mg