Coconut Lime Chicken Curry and Rice
This coconut lime chicken curry and rice recipe is easy to pull together and is an ideal recipe for someone who may not be comfortable cooking Asian food. The ingredients are simple and the method's familiar.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces Yellow Curry Paste
- 3 medium carrots (julienned)
- 1 medium yellow onion (julienned)
- 1 red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- 13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- Chopped fresh basil and cilantro
- 2 limes (quartered)
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil in pot over medium heat.
Add curry paste and cook until fragrant, then add carrots, onions, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add chicken, and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
Serve curry on plate of rice and top with herbs.
Squeeze wedge of lime over each dish.
Calories: 790kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 1096mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 14919IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg