Gourmet BLT with Avocado and Arugula
There is no better way to savor summer's fresh flavors than with a gourmet BLT with avocado and arugula.
- Crusty French Bread
- In season beefsteak tomato cut thick
- 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- ¼ Avocado per sandwich sliced
- Pickled red onion to taste thinly sliced (can substitute rinsed non-pickled red onion)
- 2 in strips of cooked Bacon per sandwich cut half
- cup ¼ scant Arugula per sandwich
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper.
Thickly cut the tomato in 1/2” slices. If you do not wish to pickle the onion, you can place the onion slices in the container with the tomatoes and drizzle over dressing. Let this marinade for at least two hours, periodically re-spooning the mixture over the top.
Toast bread and brush with marinade. Top with tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper then add onion, bacon, arugula and avocado.